The Donald Trump Thread

Thought the clip very interesting and foreboding where Michael Moore and the Presstitute both agree that Obama is STILL the true president. Maybe that's why Obama decided to move back to D.C. when he previously had planned to retire to Hawaii... Needs to be close to the action to reclaim power when the coup goes down?
Hurm, the fucking thing was taped and aired when Obama was still president on 1/18. Get your fucking head out of your ass.

Nevermind. You're right. The MSNBC clip is dated 1/18/2017.

At least Tyler Durden didn't write this... some Serb did.

Well his name is at the top. Anyhow, David dodged this question earlier and we will just have to draw our own conclusions from that, so I'll ask you:

Ok. Set aside your thoughts and conceptions of Obama, Hillary, the liberal elite and the mainstream media... Are you still convinced that Trump is mentally and emotionally equiped for this job?

Well his name is at the top. Anyhow, David dodged this question earlier and we will just have to draw our own conclusions from that, so I'll ask you:

Ok. Set aside your thoughts and conceptions of Obama, Hillary, the liberal elite and the mainstream media... Are you still convinced that Trump is mentally and emotionally equiped for this job?

Yes.

One of the things that social medial makes possible, that was much harder to do before social media came into existence, is to encourage and show support for someone, eg an elected official who is taking a lot of criticism after fulfilling his campaign pledges, by liking their tweets and facebook posts. Often a politician will get overwhelmingly negative feedback from the media, other politicians and members of the opposing party, so it is helpful for them to see that their supporters are still with them and are supporting their allies and staff through likes on twitter and facebook.

Honestly I'm not so convinced it's such a great idea for a President to pay attention to social media likes.

That said I wouldn't mind if more people followed Evan McMullin on Twitter.

He also recommended this article:

A Clarifying Moment in American History

"There should be nothing surprising about what Donald Trump has done in his first week—but he has underestimated the resilience of Americans and their institutions...

...There is nothing great about the America that Trump thinks he is going to make; but in the end, it is the greatness of America that will stop him."

Trump fires Attorney General and Spicer tells State Department employees they can "get with the program or they can go". What will be the breaking point that causes the GOP to finally break with Trump over his basic lack of respect for separation of powers? At this rate, sounds like it could come sooner rather than later.

Trump fires Attorney General and Spicer tells State Department employees they can "get with the program or they can go". What will be the breaking point that causes the GOP to finally break with Trump over his basic lack of respect for separation of powers? At this rate, sounds like it could come sooner rather than later.

Attorney General and State dept are under the executive branch. President may fire at will. How is he showing lack of respect for separation of powers?

Just had coffee with my buddy. We are both dropping out. No news. No politics. No nothing. Going to put on some tunes. Tough decision. Going to try it for a few days at first. This shit is eating my head. Later.

The media distills everything bad and extreme and serves it neat. It creates a false view of reality. Politicians, journalists, and political activists are fueling polarization because it benefits them personally. But it makes every other problem more difficult to solve. It is destroying our civilization.

Just had coffee with my buddy. We are both dropping out. No news. No politics. No nothing. Going to put on some tunes. Tough decision. Going to try it for a few days at first. This shit is eating my head. Later.

An alternative is to use it like a Zen koan. Meditate, then go on the internet or watch the news for a while, then meditate again again. Watch what happens to your mind as you experience its transition from calm to turbulent to calm. Really, life is a koan. If you pay attention, it will teach you a lot about consciousness, about who and what you are.

National Review: A Warning Sign

Predictably, some observers have been arguing that this was all done intentionally, to create turmoil and set the Left on fire and render the media ridiculous, and all that. Passing off reckless ineptitude as strategic genius seems to be a coping mechanism for some people on all sides of our politics these days. I hope it’s helping them cope. But what we saw this weekend was rank incompetence creating dangerous chaos. We saw it here on a very small scale, and ultimately a manageable one. But the scale of the challenges confronting the American president isn’t always so manageable. Many of those problems aren’t self-created, like this one was, but instead rush at our government unpredictably and need to be swiftly and ably detected, assessed, and confronted. The last few days need to serve as a bright, blaring warning to the new administration that it is not yet prepared to do its job on this front.

Also -> Interesting articles from The Intercept::

Obama Killed a 16-Year-Old American in Yemen. Trump Just Killed His 8-Year-Old Sister.

Perhaps most tragic of all is that – just as was true in Iraq – Al Qaeda had very little presence in Yemen before the Obama administration began bombing and droning it and killing civilians, thus driving people into the arms of the militant group.

Curious about this bit in particular, though one can argue the various other things brought up here - I don't claim to accept it all sight unseen, but it seemed like a worthwhile read.

Mnuchin Again Denies Robo-Signing, Despite Yet More Evidence He Is Lying

DONALD TRUMP’S TREASURY SECRETARY NOMINEE Steve Mnuchin on Monday doubled down on his lie to the Senate Finance Committee, again claiming in amended answers for the record that OneWest Bank never robo-signed foreclosure documents, despite copious evidence that they did.

To make his claim, Mnuchin relied on a discredited government review of OneWest foreclosures, while neglecting actual examples of robo-signing newly uncovered in a news report Sunday.

The Columbus Dispatch found dozens of cases in Ohio public records where low-level OneWest employees in Austin, Texas signed off on affidavits attesting to reviewing the underlying loan file, when they had not. These affidavits included those signed by Erica Johnson-Seck, who admitted in a July 2009 court deposition to spending only 30 seconds on each document and never even reading them.

Bill Faith, executive director of the Coalition on Homelessness and Housing in Ohio, told the Dispatch, “The guy is just lying. There’s no other way to say it.”

But the Independent Foreclosure Review he cited was neither independent nor a review. OneWest and its fellow banks hand-picked and paid for the reviewers themselves. These reviewers were not government officials but third-party consultants, who labored under guidelines chosen by the banks. For instance, Aurora Loan Services hired a consultant that had previously managed Aurora’s own foreclosure practices. Bank of America created default answers that the consultants would just double-check.

Whistleblowers at a number of consultants disclosed being pressured by managers to overlook entire categories of borrower harm, and steered away from reporting significant mistakes. “Quit digging so deep… put down your shovel,” one reviewer was told. And if any errors did go through, banks could overrule them through an appeal process.

Back