The Donald Trump Thread

You didn't answer my question David:

Would you include the National Enquirer publishing that Cruz's father helped kill JFK in that fake news + anonymous sources problem?

Didn't Trump say they should've won a Pulitzer long ago for their incredible journalism over the years?

Maybe if you answer it we can discuss this in a grown up way, ideally one where you don't accuse every critic of being part of "the Left".

Seriously, Max? There was plenty of room for those major news organisations to be allowed in. And once again, this gaggle was held instead of the usual briefing. Even people who were allowed access called out Spicer on this.

Then there is the Virginia GOP chairman, John Whitbeck, tweeting:

"Good job, @seanspicer. Why would we let media who hate us have access to @POTUS? Time to take a stand."

And you're comparing that to giving a one on one interview with a news organisation? Are you being deliberately obtuse? If so, you're doing a damn fine job of it.

Max, based on your posts in this thread, the only thing you have a grip on is a bottle out of a brown paper bag. Time to put it down for a while.

For gods sake... Sean's not allowed to meet a subset of news organisations without all 3000+ permanently carded news organisations being in attendance...? It's all or none...? Please get a grip... and engage brain before regurgitating crap.

Irrelevant, the administration has repeatedly targeted and tarred certain organisations, and then has seen fit to prevent some of them from attending a briefing on friday in a manner that is unprecedented. Second, I will not 'get a grip' whilst cornerstones of democratic society, the judiciary and the media are slandered and delegitimised by a a man who refuses to accept he will be held accountable for his actions, who himself is a prop for people who actually know what they are doing.

The next time tickets are sold out for a music concert... remember to stamp your feet and scream that you've been banned.... it's unfair... it's outrageous... do you know who I am!

Sean has a news briefing most weekdays... there is no intention of them changing that.

Perhaps try thinking more critically, before you regurgitate the next Trump non-story on here?

The next time tickets are sold out for a music concert... remember to stamp your feet and scream that you've been banned.... it's unfair... it's outrageous... do you know who I am!

Sean has a news briefing most weekdays... there is no intention of them changing that.

Perhaps try thinking more critically, before you regurgitate the next Trump non-story on here?
Let's wait and see what shakes out next week before we count any chickens.

For gods sake... Sean's not allowed to meet a subset of news organisations without all 3000+ permanently carded news organisations being in attendance...? It's all or none...? Please get a grip... and engage brain before regurgitating crap.
Once again, Max, it was clearly done to certain news organisations, because the Trump administration doesn't agree with them. Members of the GOP have said that it's them pushing back. This isn't a sports team. It's the government of the United States.
Please get a grip... and engage brain
Please get a grip. Is that one of the few phrases you know? Along with "Don't be so silly" and "For gods sake"? It seems like if you disagree with a person's position, that person must be silly, misguided, or stupid. I see now why you like Trump.

This is grade A irony coming from you, Max. Thank you for the laugh at least.

Once again, Max, it was clearly done to certain news organisations, because the Trump administration doesn't agree with them. Members of the GOP have said that it's them pushing back. This isn't a sports team. It's the government of the United States.

Please get a grip. Is that one of the few phrases you know? Along with "Don't be so silly" and "For gods sake"? It seems like if you disagree with a person's position, that person must be silly, misguided, or stupid. I see now why you like Trump.

This is grade A irony coming from you, Max. Thank you for the laugh at least.

What was clearly done...? "banning"? Don't be so silly.

I wish Trump would be more like Ronald Reagan. Like Trump, Reagan was very good at explaining his principles and standing firmly and proudly in support of his principles and in support of his friends and allies. But Ronald Reagan did it while maintaining a friendly and polite attitude - which is the kind of leadership we need in the current environment of polarization.

Scary lady.

We'd all be better served by watching her sit in silence, self - reflecting for 2:10 rather than ranting offering yet another opinion that is one I've heard a million times before.

In fact I reckon that we'd all be far better off if the millions of hours of people's ranting videos had been used meditating peace.

Next. ;)

Interesting article in line with some stuff Max_B suggested. Makes you wonder if Obama was, at least in some respects, more comfortable with Trump than Clinton as President:

The New Yorker’s Big Cover Story Reveals Five Uncomfortable Truths About U.S. and Russia

There’s a reason that those who were so eager for U.S. military intervention in both Syria and Ukraine were so passionately supportive of Clinton. They knew there was a high likelihood that she would do what Obama refused to do: risk war with Russia in pursuit of these foreign policy goals.

One can, of course, side with the Clinton wing on the ground that the U.S. has been too soft on Russia, but what should not be suppressed – and what the New Yorker article makes clear – is that the hawkish views on Russia now dominant (even obligatory) in the Democratic Party were exactly what Obama resisted up until the last day that he left office.

That’s why people like John McCain, Lindsey Graham and Marco Rubio, along with various neocon organs, relentlessly attacked Obama on the ground that he was too accommodating of Putin in Syria, Ukraine and beyond. The post-election Democratic Party orthodoxy on Russia has deliberately obscured the fact that the leading accommodationist of Putin was named Barack Obama, and in that, he had a radically different approach than Clinton advocated.

And another from the New Yorker...

For a few million years we've been a half step above swinging in trees and throwing shit at each other and now in the relative cosmic blink of eye during which we've managed to become half-way civilized (and a half step away from nuking the planet), things get slightly absurd: Trump wins, Patriots win, LaLa Land wins, and since things didn't work out as expected by some, this is truly substantial evidence for the Simulation Hypothesis... lol
http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cu...e-that-we-are-living-in-a-computer-simulation

And another from the New Yorker...

For a few million years we've been a half step above swinging in trees and throwing shit at each other and now in the relative cosmic blink of eye during which we've managed to become half-way civilized (and a half step away from nuking the planet), things get slightly absurd: Trump wins, Patriots win, LaLa Land wins, and since things didn't work out as expected by some, this is truly substantial evidence for the Simulation Hypothesis... lol
http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cu...e-that-we-are-living-in-a-computer-simulation

Ah didn't know Chalmers was at NYU, thought he'd gone back to his homeland. He's an interesting guy to watch, apparently he's organizing a conference on Idealism. A simulation that runs on a foundation of Awareness may be something we hear more of in the coming years...

Interesting article in line with some stuff Max_B suggested. Makes you wonder if Obama was, at least in some respects, more comfortable with Trump than Clinton as President:

The New Yorker’s Big Cover Story Reveals Five Uncomfortable Truths About U.S. and Russia

I reckon the 2013 public exposure of CIA agent Ryan Fogle in Moscow was an action of the Obama administration, because some in the US intelligence community were not following the administration's orders (caught trying to fiddle around again in the Northern Caucasus) so they told the Russians they could hang Fogle out to dry.

Last edited:
Becuase we all need more koan practice:

C6AwdBWWgAE07ce.jpg

Seems like this show is hitting sweeps week:

SESSIONS’S RECUSAL GIVES SENATORS POWERFUL LEVERAGE TO DEMAND RUSSIA SPECIAL PROSECUTOR

At least seven of the nine Democrats on the Judiciary Committee, including ranking member Dianne Feinstein of California, have publicly called for a special prosecutor to investigate potential criminal actions by Russian officials and any of Trump’s associates. South Carolina Sen. Lindsay Graham, one of the 11 Republicans on the committee, has said that “if there is something there that the FBI believes is criminal in nature, then for sure you need a special prosecutor.” If the nine Democrats and Graham acted as a block, they would have the power to prevent Rosenstein’s nomination from being voted out of committee.

Evan McMullin also discussed this on CNN, calling for Sessions' resignation for "lying under oath".

My current guess is we'll probably end up having a special prosecutor to look into all this, though I'm not convinced there'll be a smoking gun.

Back