The Donald Trump Thread

The "Trump is Putin stooge" conspiracy theory, I guess an inverse or mirror image to the "Trump vs Deep State" conspiracy theory, continues:

Alfa Bank, Trump Tower and a Social Media Impeachment

I wonder what makes one conspiracy theory credible, while another doubtful in people's minds?

I've been keeping an eye on the campaign against Russia since the 2008 South Ossetia-Georgia conflict. So statements aimed at Russia are automatically suspect as propaganda.

The Trump/Putin conspiracy allegations were clearly pulled out of the ass to try and distract from the actual content of the Wikileaks. Even if there was some sort of evidence linking Russia to the Wikileaks (which none has been produced and Assange has denied Russian involvement), we now have confirmed through latest leaks that the CIA developed ways to spoof a Russian hack.

Mike Cernovich says IT people in major news org's leaked the story about Susan Rice to him because the news orgs were going to sit on it.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-03/cernovich-explains-how-he-learned-about-susan-rice

People within BHO admin committed felonies.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...readsheets-intercepted-phone-calls-trump-team

Zero Hedge was the that news organization that got the dates of a video wrong a couple posts back right?

Something they reposted from someone else had one bad point. Doesn't invalidate the content of what I just posted.

It's a crime for Obama's national security adviser to request unmasking? I think like a lot of people on Obama's foreign policy team Rice left a lot to be desired, but I'm probably one of the most "neo-con"/hawkish persons in this discussion group.

In general I'd say Rice is among the worst possible persons to have on TV to act as a surrogate, but that doesn't make her [a] criminal.

What Is Unmasking, and Did Susan Rice Do Anything Wrong?

"Now we know that someone in the Obama administration was eavesdropping and specifically searching a databank looking for the Trump (people)," Sen. Rand Paul proclaimed Tuesday on MSNBC's Morning Joe.

In fact, there is no evidence of that.

Senior Obama administration officials don't dispute that Rice requested the "unmasking" of certain Americans whose names appeared in intelligence reports resulting from eavesdropping on foreigners — meaning the foreigners were discussing the Americans or talking to them. Usually, those names are blacked out. But the blackout can be lifted if doing so is necessary to help understand the intelligence.

Requesting that is a routine thing for national security advisers to do, according to former senior officials, including Keith Alexander, who directed the National Security Agency.

Rice didn't and couldn't "order" the unmasking of any American, current and former officials say. The agencies that hold the raw surveillance transcripts — usually the NSA or the FBI — make that decision. It's a process subject to rules and reviewed by lawyers, and it has to be justified by an intelligence purpose.

Rice's role was first discussed by Mike Cernovich, who is also known for promoting a false story that a Washington, D.C. pizza parlor was a nest of pedophiles connected to Hillary Clinton. Unmasking was then the subject of a story by Eli Lake, a conservative columnist for Bloomberg View.

It's hard to imagine FBI Director James Comey or NSA Director Mike Rogers participating with Obama officials in "political" surveillance of the Trump transition, which is the allegation some Republicans are making. Rogers, after all, has acknowledged that he met with Trump about a job in his administration. Comey has been criticized for how he handled the Hillary Clinton email investigation, and for actions that polls show helped Trump.

edit:

A more critical take on Rice given her PBS comments.

And what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Rice would do well to square her comments two weeks ago with what has been reported — even if it's not the smoking gun Paul wishes it were.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a crime for Obama's national security adviser to request unmasking? I think like a lot of people on Obama's foreign policy team Rice left a lot to be desired, but I'm probably one of the most "neo-con"/hawkish persons in this discussion group.

In general I'd say Rice is among the worst possible persons to have on TV to act as a surrogate, but that doesn't make her [a] criminal.

What Is Unmasking, and Did Susan Rice Do Anything Wrong?

edit:

A more critical take on Rice given her PBS comments.

Wish I had time to more thoroughly debate. All I can say is that it appears the MSM is running the denial / muddy the water program to continue to obfuscate the fact that the spying apparatus was used against a political opponent as everyone with half a brain has warned that it would be for decades while they were called conspiracy theorists for suggesting it even existed, and now we're expected to simultaneously believe this type of spying was all perfectly legal business as usual and it wasn't spying and Russia is bad and Trump is bad cuz he doesn't hate Russia like every good American should.

Wish I had time to more thoroughly debate. All I can say is that it appears the MSM is running the denial / muddy the water program to continue to obfuscate the fact that the spying apparatus was used against a political opponent as everyone with half a brain has warned that it would be for decades while they were called conspiracy theorists for suggesting it even existed, and now we're expected to simultaneously believe this type of spying was all perfectly legal business as usual and it wasn't spying and Russia is bad and Trump is bad cuz he doesn't hate Russia like every good American should.

I've pointed out that no one has evidence Trump colluded with Russia.

But just the same there's no evidence Trump Tower was wiretapped, and as yet no evidence Rice committed a crime. It seems unusual, to say the least, that we've gone from wiretapping Trump Tower to Nunes getting information from the White House to finally this thing about Rice making unmasking requests.

All this seems to be down to what anonymous sources people want to believe - heck according to The Jester Trump is considering resigning because of the Russia collusion investigation.

I've pointed out that no one has evidence Trump colluded with Russia.

But just the same there's no evidence Trump Tower was wiretapped, and as yet no evidence Rice committed a crime. It seems unusual, to say the least, that we've gone from wiretapping Trump Tower to Nunes getting information from the White House to finally this thing about Rice making unmasking requests.

All this seems to be down to what anonymous sources people want to believe - heck according to The Jester Trump is considering resigning because of the Russia collusion investigation.

You do agree that Trump and his associates were being investigated for alleged Russian connections as a matter of national security? I mean that is not even controversial. What exactly do you think that "investigation" consisted of? The NYT said it included "wiretaps" of Trump et al communications. Leaked documents of the NSA dragnet surveillance database showed that Trump had been spied on for a decade (as well as Alex Jones and others).

Let's review a few known incidences of political spying. Angela Merkel's cell phone was spied on. Congress was spied on during the controversy over torture. Recent leaks confirm the CIA has parallel systems with the NSA to spy on all digital communications and even passively (through cell phones and TVs and other smart appliances). The DEA uses the intel in the war on drugs.

The spying apparatus exists. There should be no doubt of that now. It is used for all kinds of inappropriate activities including voyeuristic ones by relatively low level analysts according to Snowden. The deep state finds targets with this database and then uses parallel construction to take them down.

The deep state was spying on Trump for a long time as they do every person of interest. They lost the election and attempted to use the Russian scare to frame the political spying as being in the interests of national security because "the Russians hacked the election!" That failed because they couldn't find anything on Trump and because they couldn't fabricate anything to plant maybe because of lack of time or incompetence or the fact the Wikileaks revealed their capabilities to spoof a Russian hack.

So having no Russian noose to hang Trump with they're now trying to walk it back and act like Trump and his associates were not specifically spied on but only incidentally and haphazardly spied on in a perfectly legal manner - which is half true because everyone is spied on.

Ah Rice cleared it up for us in the MSNBC interview: "I leaked nothing to nobody" which is of course a double-negative so she did leak something to somebody. ;)

You do agree that Trump and his associates were being investigated for alleged Russian connections as a matter of national security? I mean that is not even controversial.

Yes, that investigation is still ongoing and we await a conclusion.

The spying apparatus exists. There should be no doubt of that now. It is used for all kinds of inappropriate activities including voyeuristic ones by relatively low level analysts according to Snowden. The deep state finds targets with this database and then uses parallel construction to take them down.

I agreed up until you invoked the "deep state".

The deep state was spying on Trump for a long time as they do every person of interest.

Were they?

They lost the election and attempted to use the Russian scare to frame the political spying as being in the interests of national security because "the Russians hacked the election!" That failed because they couldn't find anything on Trump and because they couldn't fabricate anything to plant maybe because of lack of time or incompetence or the fact the Wikileaks revealed their capabilities to spoof a Russian hack.

That investigation is still ongoing, so I would wait to claim they didn't find anything.

So having no Russian noose to hang Trump with

So the sources The Jester has are wrong that Trump is considering resignation?

Which anonymous sources conspiracy theories seem to rely on are credible, and which are not?

Yes, that investigation is still ongoing and we await a conclusion.

I agreed up until you invoked the "deep state".

Were they?

That investigation is still ongoing, so I would wait to claim they didn't find anything.

So the sources The Jester has are wrong that Trump is considering resignation?

Which anonymous sources conspiracy theories seem to rely on are credible, and which are not?

I don't know anything about The Jester. Never heard of it before. Sounds like a joke? Truly fake news?

If Trump continues to fall for the tired old "Assad gassed his people" line, he will have a yuge black mark against him and lose a lot of support. I sure hope some sensible intel will find its way to his ear ASAP.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...er-moscow-denies-syria-behind-chemical-attack
And he's contradicting himself.
“President Obama said in 2012 that he would establish a ‘red line’ against the use of chemical weapons and then did nothing,” Mr. Trump continued, referring to Mr. Obama’s first direct threat of force. “The United States stands with our allies across the globe to condemn this intolerable attack.”

But Mr. Trump has repeatedly advocated doing “nothing” in Syria, insisting it is not America’s “problem.”

Mr. Trump told Mr. Obama to ‘not attack.’
In 2013, the Obama administration concluded that the government of Syria’s president, Mr. Assad, had used chemical weapons in an attack that killed hundreds of people on the outskirts of Damascus. At the time, critics noted that Mr. Obama was stepping back from his own “red line” threat to punish Mr. Assad for deploying chemical weapons.

Mr. Trump also mentioned the red line threat, but to counsel restraint.

The only reason President Obama wants to attack Syria is to save face over his very dumb RED LINE statement. Do NOT attack Syria,fix U.S.A.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) Sept. 5, 2013
In more than a dozen messages on Twitter in 2013 and 2014, Mr. Trump repeated his advice, emphatically stating that “Syria is NOT our problem,” appealing directly to Mr. Obama to “not attack Syria” as “there is no upside and tremendous downside” and telling him to “stay out of Syria.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/...column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

This is the publication from the guy who thinks Obama is a literal demon, and just had to apologize for Pizza Gate?

Two data points offer a very low resolution picture of the guy.

He backed off specifically only comet ping pong early on and apologized to Alephantes. He hasn't backed off anything else regarding the pedophile rings or the emails in the leaks.

Back