The Donald Trump Thread

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/255808/
OBAMA DID A 6-MONTH IMMIGRATION PAUSE ON IRAQ, NOBODY CARED. TRUMP DOES A 3-MONTH PAUSE ON A LIST OF COUNTRIES THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION PUT TOGETHER AND HE’S LITERALLY HITLER.​

You got a proper reliable source for this? This is just a blog post with nothing to back it up.

Also, Obama doing something bad doesn't make it okay for Trump to do it.

4) You're wrong about manmade climate change though.

In fact, it is Trump's readiness to reject "consensus science" (as well as "political correctness" and "respectable media") that is the source for sympathy for him for some on this forum - including me. Bernie Sander's politics was pretty good, but his eagerness to accept "consensus science" without a second of questioning and scrutiny was his sad disadvantage.

In fact, it is Trump's readiness to reject "consensus science" (as well as "political correctness" and "respectable media") that is the source for sympathy for him for some on this forum - including me. Bernie Sander's politics was pretty good, but his eagerness to accept "consensus science" without a second of questioning and scrutiny was his sad disadvantage.
If you do not trust science, what would you use to scrutinize anything?

It's quite amusing that the countries under this ban are states where Trump does NOT have business interests - (He had major business stake in Turkey and Saudi Arabia) Or where the US sells billions of dollars of weapons to. It's also profoundly ignorant a move. It will be a massive propaganda coup for terrorists, vindicating them of the view that America thinks there is no place for muslims, it gives them legitimacy for goodness sake. In addition to this, it will only nurture divisions within America itself. It could well radicalise US muslim citizens. Its own government is basically stating, you are not welcome hear, your relatives are not welcome here. On the inverse, ignorant non-muslim Americans will see this move as the president giving them carte-blanche to treat muslims like shit. Lastly, the ban is already alienating US allies, and in a world where you increasingly need allies to achieve foreign policy goals, poisoning relations is just stupid.

I'd also like to add that Trump has made it quite clear he is unfit for office. Having twitter tantrums about the size of his inauguration crowd, (which by the way time lapse footage, eyewitnesses and ridership data provided by the DC metro itself, and parking figures also provided by the DC metro) show much smaller attendance) Seriously, for the first two days after the inauguration, he was whining like a little bitch about it. And this is again, I have to repeat THE FUCKING PRESIDENT. Who then got his press secretary to lie about it. This is the man people admire, a man who is basically a child, who needs constant validation for everything. Coupled with the twitter rants at 3am his has had in the past. Then you have leaks that he watches tons of TV and is obsessed about what people think about him. I mean holy shit, this is the damn president, who cares more about his image than anything else. How can people not see this? He's literally dancing in a tutu in front of your face demonstrating how fragile an ego he has! The mere fact he whined about his inauguration shows this entirely.

It could well radicalise US muslim citizens. Its own government is basically stating, you are not welcome hear, your relatives are not welcome here. On the inverse, ignorant non-muslim Americans will see this move as the president giving them carte-blanche to treat muslims like shit. Lastly, the ban is already alienating US allies, and in a world where you increasingly need allies to achieve foreign policy goals, poisoning relations is just stupid.

For every complicated problem there is a simple solution.......... and it's always wrong.

Sanders is a better person and better candidate then Donald Trump could ever dream of being. The only area where scientific consensus is wrong is Parapsychology - but that's only because most are misinformed or unaware of the data and the evidence.

I agree the mainstream media has issues - are Breitbart and infowars any better? No.

I don't have an issue with political correctness - a lot of it is just being nice and respectful. It also came as a response to the awful treatment that LGBT, women and minority groups have received over the years.

Agreed. I'm not saying that refugees should not be vetted, or borders should be completely opened. But an ignorant blanket yet curiously selective ban (cough business interests cough) is not the way to go about it.

It seems to me the problem is the ideological weaknesses of political parties - both end of coughing up irrational extreme ideas that create ill thought-out policies. And that's before you add in special interests.

Part of why I never registered with any party, given Washington's stance:

“However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.”

It's like he was a precog who saw the 2016 PotUS election...[well except for the men part]

I don't have an issue with political correctness - a lot of it is just being nice and respectful. It also came as a response to the awful treatment that LGBT, women and minority groups have received over the years.

The problem with the words "political correctness" is, like "feminist", the term has come to mean distinctly different things to different people or even different things to the same people in context.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.newsweek.com/us-bars-christian-not-muslim-refugees-syria-497494

THE U.S. BARS CHRISTIAN, NOT MUSLIM, REFUGEES FROM SYRIA
BY ELLIOTT ABRAMS ON 9/13/16 AT 12:40 AM
But when you have been running a refugee program for years, and you have accepted 10,612 Sunni refugees and 56 Christians, and it is obvious why and obvious how to fix it, and nothing is done to fix it—well, the results speak more loudly than speeches, laws, intentions or excuses.

But the article contradicts itself, it even offers explanations on why there would be a discrepancy.

There is an argument to be made that Islamic aggression against non-Muslims [in the Mid-East] is not well covered by the media, but it seems there would be need to be more evidence to establish intentional discrimination?

I also don't think this would really be a defense of Trump's bad policy making. For instance it wouldn't address the criticisms mentioned on Redstate:

Chaos With Trump’s Travel Ban Likely Caused By Inexperience, Bad Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
You got a proper reliable source for this? This is just a blog post with nothing to back it up.

Also, Obama doing something bad doesn't make it okay for Trump to do it.

The content of the article isn't really about the 6-month travel ban. It's actually a Never Trump leaning article?

Suppose Ted is a Tory who thinks all Whigs are stupid or evil and Walter is a Whig who thinks all Tories are stupid or evil. You try to tell Ted that Walter is not stupid or evil and Ted replies, "he must be, because he thinks all Torys are stupid or evil".

How do you get people to see through the illusion created by many journalists, politicians, and educators that the other side is full of people who are stupid or evil? If you say, "Forgive them, they are brainwashed by journalists and politicians", you have just defeated your argument that they are not stupid.

Globalists think it is unfair that national borders keep people from fleeing war zones and prevent them from living where there is economic opportunity. Nationalists think national borders are needed to keep terrorists out and to prevent lower wage workers from displacing them in the work force. Each side has a point. Each side is capable of understanding the merits of the other side. But the debate is never about the merits, it is about the stupidity or evil.

We have an elite but we lack leaders. We lack leaders in politics, journalism, education, religion, entertainment, that will try to help people see through this illusion. There is a lot of money to be made selling hate and not very much to be made helping people to go sane.

This guy understands too:

https://www.caracaschronicles.com/2017/01/20/culturejam/

How to Culture Jam a Populist in Four Easy Steps
By Andrés Miguel Rondón - January 20, 2017
Populism can only survive amid polarization. It works through caricature, through the unending vilification of a cartoonish enemy.
Your organizing principle is simple: don’t feed polarization, disarm it.
Don’t waste your time trying to prove that this ism is better than that ism. Ditch all the big words. Why? Because, again, the problem is not the message but the messenger. It’s not that Trump supporters are too stupid to see right from wrong, it’s that you’re much more valuable to them as an enemy than as a compatriot.

The problem is tribal. Your challenge is to prove that you belong in the same tribe as them: that you are American in exactly the same way they are.
But if you want to be part of the solution, the road ahead is clear: Recognize you’re the enemy they need; show concern, not contempt, for the wounds of those that brought Trump to power

This is why acting like a buffoon works so well for Trump. By filling the role of the cartoonish enemy for his opponents, he provokes them to react in a way that fits his caricature of them and it shows his supporters how much they need him.

Negative media coverage, even if deserved, even if provoked by a deliberate lie, reinforces the belief by Trump supporters that the media is biased against Trump, so they will tend to turn out any criticism of Trump they hear in the media.

Protests, threats, calls for assassination, by a few people that get pushed into the news by the sensationalist media, reinforce the belief that democrats are an unruly violent mob.

Fears that the world is coming to an end, crying over the election results, calling Trump a Nazi or Hitler, reinforce the belief by Trumps supporters that democrats are crazy.

When Madonna says she thinks of blowing up the whitehouse, it increases support for Trump.

Last edited:
I don't trust the BBC any more, I use Fox News for information about the Presidents actions!

As for goosebumps, Hillary would have given me far more!

David

You use a news site comprised of openly partisan hacks and right wing shock jocks owned by an Australian multi-billionaire who owns papers across the world, has tried many times to bring sky entirely into his clutches, who would quite happily have hegemony over the entire press if he could. A man who's papers have seen journalists sent to prison for criminal offences related to their work, has faced ethics committees (leeveson inquiry), and has overseen the shutting down of publications because of violations of said ethics. Yeah, I'll treat fox news the same way I treat the national inquirer and breibart. Fear mongering, mothers lock up your daughters, there's a muzzie in the white house, reactionary bollocks that I wouldn't pick up my dog's shit with.

Hillary would have given me far more

How so. I'm far more concerned that a delusional man-baby who has surrounded himself with yes men, sycophants, and overt bigots. Bannon has said that disenfranchising black voters wouldn't be a bad thing. Moving on, there's the matter of this ban on immigration. It won't achieve anything, it will most likely foster anti-US sentiment, poison US-allies relations, and germinate new domestic terrorists. It's also funny how the countries where he has strong business ties, I say again, strong business ties are exempt. Almost as if doing so would harm his interests. What a crock of corrupt shit this man is, he can be manipulated by foreign powers, precisely the last thing the most powerful man on earth should be subject to, foreign manipulation.

I want to know how far up your arse will Trump's dick have to be before you realise he's fucking you and America? He's already proposing all foreign visitors hand over details of their social media and contacts list. What a wonderful way to attract tourists and potential investors. But no, you and hurm will defend him.

Will it be after a terrorist attack when he declares marshal law and starts imprisoning people? No you and hurm will defend him.

Maybe when he starts deporting people en masse because of their religion, no you and hurm will defend him.

Perhaps when they're hearded into the FEMA camps I recall you and hurm stating that Obama was intending to do. No you'll defend him and scream "fake news, soros backed agenda, fake news MAGA"

Perhaps when they start herding against the walls, line them up and shoot them. I doubt it, you'll scream "fake news" and say it's a lie, the media is against trump, why are they against Trump, poor old trump, what did he do to deserve all this.

I honestly give up. If you can't see he's setting a dangerous precedent through his action now, you'll never see.

Last edited:
Jan 29 2017
STATEMENT BY SENATORS McCAIN & GRAHAM ON EXECUTIVE ORDER ON IMMIGRATION
Washington, D.C. – U.S. Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Lindsey Graham (R-SC) released the following statement today on the President’s executive order on immigration:

“Our government has a responsibility to defend our borders, but we must do so in a way that makes us safer and upholds all that is decent and exceptional about our nation.

“It is clear from the confusion at our airports across the nation that President Trump’s executive order was not properly vetted. We are particularly concerned by reports that this order went into effect with little to no consultation with the Departments of State, Defense, Justice, and Homeland Security.

“Such a hasty process risks harmful results. We should not stop green-card holders from returning to the country they call home. We should not stop those who have served as interpreters for our military and diplomats from seeking refuge in the country they risked their lives to help. And we should not turn our backs on those refugees who have been shown through extensive vetting to pose no demonstrable threat to our nation, and who have suffered unspeakable horrors, most of them women and children.

“Ultimately, we fear this executive order will become a self-inflicted wound in the fight against terrorism. At this very moment, American troops are fighting side-by-side with our Iraqi partners to defeat ISIL. But this executive order bans Iraqi pilots from coming to military bases in Arizona to fight our common enemies. Our most important allies in the fight against ISIL are the vast majority of Muslims who reject its apocalyptic ideology of hatred. This executive order sends a signal, intended or not, that America does not want Muslims coming into our country. That is why we fear this executive order may do more to help terrorist recruitment than improve our security.”

Back