The Donald Trump Thread

20170411_redline.jpg

We could go back further... Spanish-American War? Same. exact. pattern. of affairs over a hundred years ago.

Begins with a bang up false flag:
"The United States Navy battleship Maine was mysteriously sunk in Havana harbor;

The anti-war president is goaded into war:
"...political pressures from the Democratic Party pushed the administration of Republican President William McKinley into a war that he had wished to avoid."

U.S. backs the rebels:
"Revolts had been occurring for some years in Cuba against Spanish rule. The U.S. later backed these revolts upon entering the Spanish–American War."

Mainstream Media arouses popular support:
"In the late 1890s, U.S. public opinion was agitated by anti-Spanish propaganda led by newspaper publishers such as Joseph Pulitzer and William Randolph Hearst which used yellow journalism to call for war." "You furnish the pictures; I'll furnish the war." -Hearst

The popular intelligent empathetic cynics rage... Mark Twain:
"We have robbed a trusting friend of his land and his liberty; we have invited clean young men to shoulder a discredited musket and do bandit's work under a flag which bandits have been accustomed to fear, not to follow; we have debauched America's honor and blackened her face before the world."

The leaders exhibit schizophrenic justifications simultaneously admitting the war was about resources and empire while hypocritically claiming a humanitarian need to stop the devastation and destruction... Theodore Roosevelt:
"Our own direct interests were great, because of the Cuban tobacco and sugar, and especially because of Cuba's relation to the projected Isthmian [Panama] Canal. But even greater were our interests from the standpoint of humanity. ... It was our duty, even more from the standpoint of National honor than from the standpoint of National interest, to stop the devastation and destruction. Because of these considerations I favored war."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish–American_War

USS Maine Carl Vinson and company sails through disputed South China Sea and perches just off Korean shores. Trump and neo-cons play "I'm-not-touching-you-game" with Kim and Xi.

4-11-am-im-not-touching-you-1-728.jpg

Last edited:
I have to say Hurm, I admire the fact you acknowledge a breaking point over your support for Trump. So many do not have one, and to be fair, it is the same for those on the left too. Like Corbyn, who, whilst I admire as a person, is so ineffective as an opposition than he is effectively abrogating responsibility from being a strong and necessary check on the conservative government.

Trump won’t definitively say he still backs Bannon

Washington’s rumor mill is working overtime on the fate of presidential aide Steve Bannon, who is said to be at the center of the rampant White House infighting. When I asked the president Tuesday afternoon if he still has confidence in Bannon, who took over the campaign in mid-August, I did not get a definitive yes.

“I like Steve, but you have to remember he was not involved in my campaign until very late,” Trump said. “I had already beaten all the senators and all the governors, and I didn’t know Steve. I’m my own strategist and it wasn’t like I was going to change strategies because I was facing crooked Hillary.”

He ended by saying, “Steve is a good guy, but I told them to straighten it out or I will.”

I have to say Hurm, I admire the fact you acknowledge a breaking point over your support for Trump. So many do not have one, and to be fair, it is the same for those on the left too. Like Corbyn, who, whilst I admire as a person, is so ineffective as an opposition than he is effectively abrogating responsibility from being a strong and necessary check on the conservative government.

Indeed. Loyalty to Hillary cost the Dems a winnable election. But then if she gave a damn about anything on the Dem platform she wouldn't have run.

Her selfishness and narcissism was proven by the very fact she tried to get the nomination instead of stepping aside for a more popular candidate.

(Not that I want to see Bernie's plans necessarily come to fruition, but I'd think party leaders who claim to care about their party platform would put effort into seeing it implemented even at the cost of personal gain.)

I think many if not most Trump supporters drew a "red line" with the Syrian missile strikes. It is the exact opposite of what he campaigned on. It is immoral, illegal, hypocritical, based on lies and a very obvious effort to manipulate the people with images of dead children. It is exactly what we're completely fed up with. And then all of a sudden the swamp people love Trump.

There is some heartache at his betrayal, but many of us had fairly low expectations about what he would actually be able to accomplish once in office. A large segment of his supporters were cynical conspiracy theorists who saw a vote for Trump as a big FU to Clinton, the media, and the deep state. But we cynical conspiracy theorists expected Trump to either get co-opted or JFK'd with some small hope that we might be as pleasantly surprised as we were by the election.

When an empire has been running for over a hundred years, it's not easy (maybe impossible) for one man to redirect course and deflate it. Trump fought his way into the ship of state and now he's locked inside with no rudder.

I still think Trump's election win was an important victory for the people, but we probably need to accept sooner rather than later that the Trump we elected is gone for good replaced by a puppet impotent to effect real change.

I still think Trump's election win was an important victory for the people, but we probably need to accept sooner rather than later that the Trump we elected is gone for good replaced by a puppet impotent to effect real change.

So do you think that if this 'puppet' trend continues, people might start to get really pissed off with things? What will it take to do that? I mean there's p'd off, and there's 'now I'm really p'd off! Where are people at?

Donald Trump recounts eating “the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake” with Xi Jinping while launching missiles “heading to Iraq”

“Our [military] technology, our equipment, is better than anybody by a factor of five,” Trump said. “I mean, what we have in terms of technology, nobody can even come close to competing. Now we’re gonna start getting it, because you know the military has been cut back and depleted so badly by the past administration and by the war in Iraq, which was another disaster. So what I said [to Xi] is ‘we’ve just launched 59 missiles heading to Iraq.’”

“Headed to Syria,” Bartiromo corrected him.

“Yes,” he replied. “Heading toward Syria.”

So do you think that if this 'puppet' trend continues, people might start to get really pissed off with things? What will it take to do that? I mean there's p'd off, and there's 'now I'm really p'd off! Where are people at?

I think Trump's base has been split into two groups by his action in Syria and I don't know for sure which group is the majority.

The first group is the largely un-awake older conservatives who watch Fox News. Some of them are probably unsure whether or not the strike was a good thing, but hope maybe it will be good for their 401k. And some of them brainwashed by decades of propaganda think "hell yeah! let's turn the Middle East into damn glass crater!"

The second group is younger web savvy alt-media consumers and conspiracy theorists who instantly recognize the repetition of this pattern of false-flag/war manipulation. This group is very pissed and the majority of them, I think, has totally given up on Trump. Read the comments at Infowars or ZeroHedge. The anger; however, is capped off by the fact that hopes weren't terribly high to begin with - we're cynics who never expected that much.

There are some still hoping Trump can be rescued from the Neo-Cons and Neo-Libs and that maybe he'll still make good on domestic policy promises. For example Alex Jones fought so hard to get Trump elected and has had enough personal contact with Trump that he's now experiencing severe cognitive dissonance and is holding back on the harshest of criticisms in order to give Trump another chance while still acknowledging this is a very very bad sign.

So those who are pissed (like me) are REALLY pissed, but the anger has probably peaked because now we're back to where we were a year or so ago: expecting more of the same no matter who is in office. But this anger will manifest in renewed secessionist movements, and on the IT front there will likely be new damaging leaks. This group is ready for revolution but smart enough to know you don't attack this beast head-on in an armed conflict as that would only feed the beast's narrative and empower it. The web and information war is still the best hope. But on the other hand... how can one in good conscience continue to submit to and pay taxes to such an out of control criminal government?

I still remember feeling let down when I sat in 11th grade physics class watching the bombs fall on Baghdad in the "shock and awe" campaign. I remember Bush ran on the same non-interventionist platform which I (my parents) supported. Even though I wasn't terribly politically awake, I remember shaking my head and telling my buddy in the desk next to me "this will never work."

The signal is clear that more foreign intervention is on the way and I think another major 9/11 scale false flag is needed to garner support for it and silence dissent. An attack on the aforementioned carrier group or off the West coast from an alleged DPRK sub would be prime candidates. Just before the Syria false flag, Chomsky warned Trump may stage false flags soon. Seems like he was spot on this time.

Last edited:
Trump on NATO: "I said it was obsolete. It's no longer obsolete."

It's just that simple! lol

The reversals are coming fast and furious now.

Earlier, he said that Comey saved Hillary's neck. She was guilty, but Comey saved her.. so why not get rid of Comey and go after Hillary? "Ah...I'm not gonna talk about that. Let's talk about something positive."

Pretty soon Trump will be unapologetically ordering pizza and hotdogs.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-12/trump-reverses-nato-its-no-longer-obsolete

Scott Adams:
http://blog.dilbert.com/post/159495094661/the-north-korea-reframe

1. Sean Spicer (accidentally?) caused the opposition media to argue that Hitler analogies are ridiculous.

2. The Syrian attack established Trump as a measured and decisive leader. His popularity will rise. Even many of his critics supported the attack.

3. Trump solved for the “puppet of Putin” allegation by attacking its client state, Syria.

4. Trump’s Supreme Court nominee succeeded, albeit the hard way.

5. The healthcare issue is moving forward after the initial trial-balloon that was more of a negotiating step than a real proposal.

6. Tax reform is now on hold for healthcare reform, but no one thinks that is a bad way to go. The savings on healthcare are part of any budget and tax plan.

7. Relations with China look good. Trump and Xi had good chemistry.

8. China is putting the pressure on North Korea like never before.

9. The economy is good, and optimism is high, in part thanks to Trump. (Mostly the optimism part.)

10. Iran is probably a bit more flexible this week after watching the Syrian attack.

11. News coverage had already mostly evolved from “Trump is Hitler” to “Trump is incompetent.” The Syrian attack and the North Korean situation moved Trump to “Effective, but some of us don’t like what he is doing” I wasn’t expecting that to happen before the end of the year.

You can tell me other presidents have had better starts. But I doubt that is the case. Keep in mind that Trump started in the deepest hole of any president, ever. He’s already halfway out of the hole and establishing himself as a strong leader on international issues.

20 Ways Trump Unraveled the Administrative State
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/04/11/20-ways-trump-unraveled-administrative-state/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+breitbart+(Breitbart+News)

President Donald Trump campaigned to reduce regulations and unleash American jobs. He has unraveled the administrative state in 20 ways.
The 20 measures are:...
http://donsurber.blogspot.com/2017/04/trump-is-plowing-and-salting-fields-of.html

Trump is plowing and salting the fields of a bureaucratic oligarchy
President Trump is doing several things no Republican president would do (unless his name rhymed with Treagan). One that deserves attention is cutting the rules and regulations that strangle America.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archiv...obama-administration-spied-on-carter-page.php
A SHOE DROPS: OBAMA ADMINISTRATION SPIED ON CARTER PAGE

I assume this Washington Post story is true: “FBI obtained FISA warrant to monitor former Trump adviser Carter Page.” It confirms what has been sporadically reported since late last year, that the Obama administration sought and ultimately received a FISA order to spy on at least one associate of Donald Trump. So Trump’s famous tweets were, in substance, true.

http://donsurber.blogspot.com/2017/04/proof-obama-spied-on-trump-campaign.html
Proof Obama spied on Trump campaign
After more than a month of denying the truth that the Obama regime spied on the political opposition, the Washington Post was forced to admit to the election espionage.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/04/12/report-house-investigation-of-susan-rice-scandal-expanding/
Fox News reported Tuesday night that members of the House Intelligence Committee have expanded their investigation into the Susan Rice surveillance controversy.

Appearing on The O'Reilly Factor, investigative reporter Adam Housley said the following:

They're looking into allegations where Americans including politicians have possibly been unmasked and had their information collected into the files, similar to what they did to the Trump team.​
Housley also said that both the House and Senate investigations are being stonewalled:

They say the FBI is being very difficult. We're told [investigators] just want to know about the unmasking. How frequent was this? Who was doing it? Why were they being unmasked?​

According to John Schindler....

The IC has lots of TS evidence on Trump's Kremlin ties. Here's why that may not be enough for the FBI.

FBI director James Comey has tamped down expectations of any quick resolution of his Bureau’s investigation of KremlinGate. He is surely correct that this weighty matter is best addressed thoroughly and judiciously, not rashly. We need the facts—not assertions or unprovable claims from dodgy dossiers. The existence of top-secret evidence pointing to collusion between Team Trump and Team Putin means that investigators and prosecutors have red meat to work with, but that does not necessarily mean that indictments are coming soon.

Without such cooperation, including confessions from at least some members of Team Trump, the transition of KremlinGate from the investigation phase to prosecution is likely to stall. We don’t know exactly what the FBI knows, but some examples from past counterintelligence cases can illuminate the conundrum the Bureau faces right now.

... members of the Intelligence Community with access to that evidence have told me there are several top-secret reports—mainly, but not exclusively, signals intelligence from NSA—demonstrating links between Team Trump and top Kremlin officials, hinting at collusion with Moscow during last year’s election. Although none of these reports individually is conclusive—there is no “smoking gun” as Beltway wonks like to say—taken together they lead to the disturbing finding that Trump’s campaign was in cahoots with Moscow to hurt Hillary Clinton.

Unnamed "members of the intelligence community", "hinting at collusion", "none of these is individually conclusive", "no smoking gun". Yet some how "they lead to the finding"?

Then, because they don't actually have any actual evidence they resort to the smear by comparing the situation to the Rosenbergs and Hiss?

Everything about this investigation has been leaked, including misdeeds by Obama administration officials, but we know nothing about any actual evidence against Trump?

Maybe the real offense here is the continuing abuse of government power and "journalism" as a weapon of politics?

Unnamed "members of the intelligence community", "hinting at collusion", "none of these is individually conclusive", "no smoking gun". Yet some how "they lead to the finding"?

Then, because they don't actually have any actual evidence they resort to the smear by comparing the situation to the Rosenbergs and Hiss?

Everything about this investigation has been leaked, including misdeeds by Obama administration officials, but we know nothing about any actual evidence against Trump?

Maybe the real offense here is the continuing abuse of government power and "journalism" as a weapon of politics?

Sure, I just find the back and forth on conspiracy theories amusing.

Maybe nothing will happen, maybe Trump ends up impeached. Maybe someone in his administration or campaign (Carter Page?) falls.

Only time will tell.

It's an incredibly entertaining administration if nothing else.

There are some still hoping Trump can be rescued from the Neo-Cons and Neo-Libs and that maybe he'll still make good on domestic policy promises. For example Alex Jones fought so hard to get Trump elected and has had enough personal contact with Trump that he's now experiencing severe cognitive dissonance and is holding back on the harshest of criticisms in order to give Trump another chance while still acknowledging this is a very very bad sign.
I am deeply pessimistic about what has happened, but at the back of my mind I still wonder if this is a Trump trick. Suppose he can get evidence that this attack didn't happen as claimed - even evidence that some US officials knew the truth - he could cull the Neo-Cons in one blow, and they would be facing treason charges. If that did happen, even the media could hardly side with his enemies!

David

Back