The love of normal people and the "love" mentioned in near death experience.

i have had "visitation" of a deceased relative and saw the "light" or glow of the Eternal. i do not think that the light was love. That was the feeling that i was dripping in from head to toe but I honestly feel that the emotion is reunification with the whole and that is what we call love. it seems the separation of our present ego driven selves form the higher spiritual self is difficult and we long for the reunion with the source.

it seems the separation of our present ego driven selves form the higher spiritual self is difficult and we long for the reunion with the source.
We long perhaps for a reprieve from the individuation of our ego-self and only perceive it as a reunion with 'the source' or something outside of ourselves because it is not familiar to our 'normal' state. If it is perceived as bliss or 'a good thing' like Love we derive benefit from the experience. If it is not, we suffer.

i have had "visitation" of a deceased relative and saw the "light" or glow of the Eternal. i do not think that the light was love. That was the feeling that i was dripping in from head to toe but I honestly feel that the emotion is reunification with the whole and that is what we call love. it seems the separation of our present ego driven selves form the higher spiritual self is difficult and we long for the reunion with the source.
Can you maybe share a few more of the details?

David

The love that nde'rs talk of seems to have a 'self-less' quality, so that it indicates a loss of self or absence of ego, corresponding with the loss of the body, and an absence of a material object to focus one's love upon.

If that "love" indicates a loss of self, it can't be real love. Some of the claims of "loss of self", "merging with the whole" etc. have an evil source. Either the nder, or the medium or the communicating spirit is lying. Some nders, on the other hand, are confused and can't use accurate terms to describe their ineffable experiences.

Can you maybe share a few more of the details?

David
David,

My mother and I were very close. Two weeks before she died. She sat up in bed and told me this life was all a dream. We cried together and I asked her (to meet me when I died )to be there when I cross over.

Two weeks after her death at 3.33 AM. (the clock was next to me) i was laying in bed tossing and turning. I just looked at my wife sleeping on the right and I noticed the quality of light in the room had changed. I look over to my left and at the foot of the bed NOT FIVE FEET away was a full body apparition of my Mother. She had died a hard death but now she looked 30 or so and in the peak of health and feelings. She floated (stationary) at the foot of the bed. She was wearing a garment similar to roman type. She glowed with an UNEARTHLY BUDDHA LIGHT. She stood in front of a light source that was the light of Eternity. I was only able to see the light at the edges. My Mother blocked me from seeing it.

It was the GREATEST EXPERIENCE of my life. I was bathed in joy, love and unity. I was one with the Universe. She simply said.," I am okay".
She smiled and left. The greatest GIFT of my life

I know we do not die.

Last edited:
Nders insist that "we should not worry about anything and just be happy and relax", and at the same time they claim "love is the most important thing". This is weirdly abnormal.

I am curious where you got that quote. Its not one I have come across. I would not consider an NDE experiencer any kind of authority on anything philosophical or spiritual simply by virtue of their NDE. Some, it is true, develop deeper insight. But any opinion expressed should be taken as a reflection of personal experience only.

Any expression of sentiments along the lines of "we should not worry about anything and just be happy and relax" should be considered as naive comment and not any kind of guidance. Such sentiments exhibit neither maturity nor insight in my view, and should be allowed as a personal POV, not anything that has a wider application.

If you have an interest in NDEs you might find Changed in a Flash by Elizabeth Krohn and Jeffrey Kripal more useful if you want a more serious reflection on the spiritual and philosophical dimensions.

Back