Tim Grimes, 7 Questions For the Voice in Your Head |571|

But Stoicism is nevertheless rather spiritual, so still sub-optimal as population control for the current ruling class.
Perhaps that's the case for the current ruling class. However I'm pretty sure that most people would think of religion as "spiritual", and it served as a primary control mechanism from antiquity to the age of enlightenment. For that matter, the current brands of "spirituality" still serve as control mechanisms. They all have some framework that either controls by way of a religious hierarchy, or by encouraging self control within prescribed boundaries and/or practices.

So for those who think that some form of control is preferable to minding their own business, the question then becomes — which methods of control are preferable? Do we go with control based on superstition and a belief in the supernatural? Or do we prefer that those who want to order us around have verifiable reasons that make logical sense?

NOTE: Personally, I'm a non-religious quasi anarcho-pacifist. So I have a natural inborn aversion to any form of external control, and have no desire to control anyone else.

I enjoyed this episode. I would probably enjoy it more if I had a meditation discipline, but I don't.
Probably the last 4-5 times I've sat down and actually meditated I've ended up attempting astral travel or remote viewing.. And on the last one (i think a year ago) I felt like i actually barged in on an entity(s) in it's workshop in another dimension and long story short I was way out of my league / not sure if what seemed like valuable experience may have been just invitation into a larger trap.., and so I just left it at alone.
Tim might be where I will go whenever they day comes that I do decide to learn something helpful in the practice..

That said..
https://www.thehighersidechats.com/...ntact-kundalini-the-secret-door-in-your-head/
The recent episode of THC was great JRM, Nelson, and Alex will definitely enjoy it. The guest makes an excellent presentation of consciousness and kundalini and their relation to Magical Egypt.
Cool. Thanks Robbe, I'll check it out! :)

Perhaps that's the case for the current ruling class. However I'm pretty sure that most people would think of religion as "spiritual", and it served as a primary control mechanism from antiquity to the age of enlightenment. For that matter, the current brands of "spirituality" still serve as control mechanisms. They all have some framework that either controls by way of a religious hierarchy, or by encouraging self control within prescribed boundaries and/or practices.

So for those who think that some form of control is preferable to minding their own business, the question then becomes — which methods of control are preferable? Do we go with control based on superstition and a belief in the supernatural? Or do we prefer that those who want to order us around have verifiable reasons that make logical sense?

NOTE: Personally, I'm a non-religious quasi anarcho-pacifist. So I have a natural inborn aversion to any form of external control, and have no desire to control anyone else.

I think what you say about control mechanisms is mainly correct.

But there are important differentiations:

- a population with a spiritual worldview believes in something higher than the worldly rulers. This is per se a potential threat for the rulers / they don't have the highest status. And even in the case of "god kings", as far as I'm aware of, nowhere in the world were they seen as at the top of a pantheon...

- a dogmatic materialistic worldview for the masses doesn't have this challenge to the worldly rulers

(Btw, I suspect that's a main reason why secrecy and psyops have been so prevalent re ufos, because if the masses knew that there are beings more powerful than humans, it would reduce the status of the human ruling class)

I think ideological pacifism is also probably a psyop. I currently have circumstantial evidence for this from ancient India, especially from the Bhagavad-Gita & the epic it's contained within, the Mahabharata, which represents a degradation of the kshatriya/warrior class who are given the role model to follow as a loyal dog.

Within this matrix, the Krishna character explicitly usurps the old, warlike gods such as Indra. Meat sacrifices become forbidden. Pacifism / ahimsa is held up as an ideal (except when the warrior class has to fight and annihilate each other!)...

This is so explicit, it's a wonder that (as far as I'm aware) nobody until me has seen these connections... Or at least not communicated them. The most I've seen is indologists from the West saying that the Krishna character seems determined to exterminate the kshatriya/warrior class... But (as far as I'm aware) these academics don't take that line of analysis further, asking why / cui bono......

Modern Indians seem hopelessly entangled within this matrix. They give lip service to the Rig Veda, but few Indians actually know much from it, except the odd verses here and there.

But the Rig Veda prescribes horse sacrifices and fertility rituals. It's very warlike --typically Indo-European--, similar to the Scythians in Europe

Probably the greatest scholar of the Rig Veda was prof Michael Witzel of Harvard. Unfortunately he's now retired and I can't conact him. But he'd have been great to have on a skeptiko interview

And this is anecdotal, but I noticed when I had a vegetarian diet for a couple of years that my testosterone seemed to go down.

I don't think it's a coincidence that eating meat is now being demonised by the current ruling class

It reminds me of Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist, where the boys aren't allowed to eat meat, because a vegetarian diet is said to make the boys more passive/easier to control

I bet the current ruling class has studies evidencing this, and that's why they're promoting a vegan diet so heavily. It's auspicious for population control on a physiological level, and on an ideological level it's another crowbar to add to the divide and rule toolkit

and on an ideological level it's another crowbar to add to the divide and rule toolkit

I think that's a reason why they have the wording "veganism" / "I am a vegan",... because the rulers want it to be an identity-level question

In contrast, it's not framed merely as "I have a vegan diet"... No, it's "I am a vegan". The latter is easier to say, but if we look at the surrounding context of identity politics, divide and rule, I doubt the wording of veganism ("I am a vegan"), and its elevation to a proselytising ideology, is coincidental

I think what you say about control mechanisms is mainly correct. But there are important differentiations: - a population with a spiritual worldview believes in something higher than the worldly rulers.
Which is very convenient for those who put themselves in the position of representing that authority to the "worldly rulers".
This is per se a potential threat for the rulers / they don't have the highest status. And even in the case of "god kings", as far as I'm aware of, nowhere in the world were they seen as at the top of a pantheon...
Exactly. The biggest psyop of all is religion.
- a dogmatic materialistic worldview for the masses doesn't have this challenge to the worldly rulers
The intellectuals do indeed represent a challenge to power — which is why they usually get rid of them first.
(Btw, I suspect that's a main reason why secrecy and psyops have been so prevalent re ufos, because if the masses knew that there are beings more powerful than humans, it would reduce the status of the human ruling class)
In this case, it's not simply the status of the civilian ruling class, but also that of the military. Just think how far beyond conventional Earthly technology UFOs are. Then consider the lengths they go to keep our own technology in-house. Revealing what they know about UFOs is about as likely as them telling us all about their latest spy plane. Plus not telling the general public allows them to play the phenomenon as part of a psyop against adversaries.

PS many young Western women in particular are indoctrinated in this ideology. From experience, most of them are intolerable to date. It's another division that creates an artificial boundary between a genuine human connection.

Instead, it's ideological struggle first and foremost: diet as a proselytising identity, feminism, pronouns, etc.

The other day I met a German girl on a boat who's studying media / journalism. (Maybe the most brainwashed group of all)
It was a wonderful experience during the 10 minute interaction. She wrote that to me too... But on Instagram, the only written description she had in her profile was "she / her"(!)
Smh
I know from experience that going on a date with such a woman is not going to be natural and fun

The biggest psyop of all is religion.

But arguably the more effective worldview for controlling the masses is dogmatic materialism, because then there's the perception of no entity existing above the worldly rulers. Instead, the worldly rulers are considered to be at the very pinnacle of the hierarchy.

As far as I'm aware, even the most extreme "god kings" were considered to exist within a hierarchy in the universe that they weren't at the pinnacle of...

Dogmatic, ufo-denying materialism is unique in this regard, that the worldly ruling class is considered the pinnacle of the hierarchy in the universe

But arguably the more effective worldview for controlling the masses is dogmatic materialism ...
Secularism has made a lot of gains, but I would say that overall, religion is still the dominant force of social control, and certainly it's been the dominant force in generations past.
... because then there's the perception of no entity existing above the worldly rulers. Instead, the worldly rulers are considered to be at the very pinnacle of the hierarchy.
That logic is sound if you're a secularist. However if you're not, then you can claim some sort of divine right, which has been used throughout history to trump any argument from mere mortals ( even if those mere mortals are right ).

In other words, don't rebel against the enslavers; just accept your societal position and don't resist

Stoicism would argue against just accepting enslavers enslaving people. There's a difference of complaining in the darkness, and finding where you are and moving towards where you want to be.
Just bitching and complaining that life is unfair doesn't change anything. Recognize that life is inherently unfair. That's the purpose of life.
Make it more fair for the next person.
Goodness... a few more posts like that and you sound like a Progressive! Good on you!
J

I really like your writing ideas; maybe you should contact Tricia Barker, who is an NDExperiencer & writing teacher. I am regularly impressed w/ her honest & strenuous efforts to put her experiences into words. She was raped in S. Korea during a visit there, but has forged onward after that w/ amazing resilience.

I'm going to have to make a list for interviews for me to make. I'm still hovering around 60% of my normal levels of energy and health. (Guess I should have had the booster shots after all? )

Yes — the need to escape, avoid, and reset signifies a discontent of some kind. They are valid coping mechanisms, but in the end all are just forms of avoidance, which is generally easier than tackling the problem head-on.

I think that some parts of Tim's approach would probably fit, but in a sort of shotgun blast approach that leaves a lot of little holes.

Yes, well me not being a stoic would probably say something like, "Great, you meditate on your lump of shit. I'm gonna take mine, put in in a paper bag, stick it on someone's doorstep and light it on fire.

Well then, thankfully we have egos.

That doesn't sound like you're being very honest with yourself — even if you think you are.

You're never "trapped" in a job unless you literally can't walk out the door. And in a job, nobody can "force you into a corner". That's all in your own mind. Instead, think of how whatever they're doing to compromise your work is actually their problem, and you're trying to help them, but if they don't see the value in that, and want to play some stupid power game instead, they're only helping to prove you're the better person, and they're the real problem.

Sounds cool — I would have loved having you as a teacher. In fact I want to take your class — So let's see, in 10 years I'll be pushing 75, so my first thought is whether or not I'll even still be alive to worry about it. The next is realizing that by the time I get there, I'll have probably forgotten most of what happened during the previous 10 years, so rather than worrying too much about might happen in the future, I should probably focus more on what I'm doing right now.

Are you able to share any particularly memorable examples?

Thanks for sharing that. I feel inspired to write even more today! So now they'll have you to blame [[cb]]

Hope you got a lot of writing done. Thanks for the detailed thoughts. The only things I can think of.
- I laughed the hardest when you said I wasn't being honest with myself. It's the only thing I've been all my life. I'm very aware of my faults and I accept them while still trying to improve. I don't beat myself up over the things that I cannot change, and recognize every day is a new day to do better. A lot of people don't get that. That's fine. That's your journey, but it's especially funny when other people try to suggest what's in the heads of anyone but themselves. It's a weird thing people think they know someone they've never met, only talked to on social media, and have no long history with understanding their habits, behaviors, or beliefs. It's kind of stunning when I read stuff like that. I think "How does one even...?"

- When you're divorced and have three sons to bring up. You ARE being held prisoner in a job. Leaving it with nothing, not even a house anymore puts you in a position of being enslaved by the system. A lot of people are in that situation. Living pay check to pay check. More so as the managorial class has taken over and there's less money for workers and more money for consultants and managers. Fascinating to see how even in my profession, education, this is a huge problem. Go and look at the charts. The high-end pencil pushers take over when they used to actually employ profs and teachers. This is the folly of the past forty years. As my father said, "A CEO of a company how much is he worth? Two people on the floor? Absolutely. Five people? Sure. Maybe you could argue he has five times the value of someone working on the shop floor. Ten? Well, maybe you can make that argument. What about 10,000? Because some of these people are paid 10 or 100,000 times more than the average worker in the company. No one can make a logical, reasonable, or rational argument for that."

Until we come to grips with the way we've screwed workers in the modern age and destroyed the middle class, we're going to continue to get discontent and slave labour.

That's my political press for the day. I'm tired of hearing people say, "Nobody wants to work now a days." No. Nobody wants to work for less money than it takes to survive. Remember a couple years ago MacDonald's put out a budget for people working for them? It was hilarious because when you looked at it, no one could live on a full-time wage. And before people say, "Well those are jobs you're not supposed to stay in..." that's all well and good, but all the good jobs got hollowed out by the top. If the standard wage kept up just with living expenses minimum wage would be more than 20 bucks an hour. But you can't keep people as peons and serfs with money like that!
THAT'S your Great Reset. The system leaving people as indentured servants.
Okay I promised I'd stop. L

I can't share students' works here without their permission. There are some very interestingly varied elements. Many students haven't been tasked this way before and feel stunned and confused when I won't spell out what they should write. I intend to make this a part of the whole course so my expectation is they'll get good at this at some point soon. We're having meets to find where they are stuck, and those refusing to do anything are getting calls home.

I'm on the slow mend from COVID. 17 teachers came down with it. Maybe more now. Everyone I talk to is saying the same thing. They feel sluggish and not really getting their energy back like they used to. Some had shots. Some did not (and they were suspended during the pandemic but are allowed to work now) and some had all their shots. So, there's no difference in the way they are bouncing back. At least no one has died from this Omicron variant release yet.
I got Internet at home finally on Saturday night. My Starlink required a replacement of both the router and the cable to the satellite dish. But, I received a two month credit from them and free delivery of the replacement pieces, so we're good.
Power is on from Nova Scotia's most recent blast of Global Warming. Fiona is amazing consider the COSTLIEST hurricanes in recorded AMERICAN HISTORY were in the last 20 years. Hell, 9 out of ten of them.
https://www.iii.org/fact-statistic/facts-statistics-hurricanes

But, I forget... no such thing as Global Warming, right?
J

Stoicism would argue against just accepting enslavers enslaving people.

Yes, but if one finds oneself enslaved, that is considered one's role / one's destiny, that freedom is to be gained internally, not by freeing oneself externally.

E.g. Epictetus, Enchiridion 14:
'A man’s master is he who is able to confer or remove whatever that man seeks or shuns. Whoever then would be free, let him wish nothing, let him decline nothing, which depends on others; else he must necessarily be a slave.'

See also Enchiridion 15-20

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/45109/45109-h/45109-h.htm

But, I forget... no such thing as Global Warming, right?

Hmm, a wall of text concluding with a strawman / ignoring that the controversy is about to what extent the warming is anthropogenic... But we've been over this countless times, and arguing about strawmen is tedious.

Back