Tricia Robertson, 30 Years of After-death Communication Research |462|

If you're interested in reading it, I've attached a few pages from my second book here that are pertinent to this topic. It's a report of my direct experience, serving as a proxy sitter with Medium Debra Martin (in unplanned, spontaneous fashion) for a friend whose brother had just died. I know that the cross-correspondence cases are the gold standard for survival evidence, but if so this case is at least silver evidence. And I experienced it directly. Most of the story is captured in the first 9 pages, while the balance of the pages come from a later chapter and provide a recap of the experience with Debra and some other relevant information. Mark
Fascinating Mark. Thank you.

If you're interested in reading it, I've attached a few pages from my second book here that are pertinent to this topic. It's a report of my direct experience, serving as a proxy sitter with Medium Debra Martin (in unplanned, spontaneous fashion) for a friend whose brother had just died. I know that the cross-correspondence cases are the gold standard for survival evidence, but if so this case is at least silver evidence. And I experienced it directly. Most of the story is captured in the first 9 pages, while the balance of the pages come from a later chapter and provide a recap of the experience with Debra and some other relevant information. Mark

Mark, is this book already on sale (preferably in Kindle format)?

David

Mark, is this book already on sale (preferably in Kindle format)?

David
Yes David, I've published three books and they're all available in Kindle format as well as paperback. The excerpt I shared comes from my second book, "Messages from the Afterlife" which is definitely the most science/evidence oriented of the three. The first one, Soul Shift, is the Memoir I wrote shortly after the passing of my youngest son; it includes some science and research too, but far less than in Messages.

I went with a traditional publisher and all of my books are on sale through Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other retailers. Here's a link to my site, which includes links for each book to Amazon and other retailers. https://www.markirelandauthor.com
Thanks, Mark

Last edited:
Not if we are the ones creating the simulation.

Well that what the thing is all about. Probability is that we aren't a base 'real' reality. What can happen though is the simulations begetting more simulations which is how the high probability we're in one comes from. You know that, heh. ;)

Those who are interested might like to watch this video that shows Tricia and Archie Roy during the PRISM research that she mentioned during the interview. The video also features Gordon Smith, who is a top Scottish Medium.

This is so easy to debunk!!! People like this love big groups. Why, its easy to put plants in , way to easy, and more numbers of people the better chances of hooking someone up on generalizations. I would say many plants in the audience possibly.

Since she is not on this forum, I felt Tricia deserved a voice in responding to the comment from "atone", which alleged audience plants. So, I emailed Tricia and her response follows here:

"The excerpt shown in the “Psychic Barber” video was not included in the final set of experiments. That was from one of the earlier trials. The final set of experiments had a much stricter protocol and the statistics in the final peer-reviewed paper satisfied people who actually know what they are talking about. It is always the way of the sceptic to claim collusion, where there is none. In most cases, the audience was assembled by a third party, and Archie and I knew none of them. That one on TV (The Psychic Barber) was only shown to give people an idea of the process."

Since she is not on this forum, I felt Tricia deserved a voice in responding to the comment from "atone", which alleged audience plants. So, I emailed Tricia and her response follows here:

"The excerpt shown in the “Psychic Barber” video was not included in the final set of experiments. That was from one of the earlier trials. The final set of experiments had a much stricter protocol and the statistics in the final peer-reviewed paper satisfied people who actually know what they are talking about. It is always the way of the sceptic to claim collusion, where there is none. In most cases, the audience was assembled by a third party, and Archie and I knew none of them. That one on TV (The Psychic Barber) was only shown to give people an idea of the process."
I have to admit I am biased a bit toward any evidence of mediumship after reading about Harry Houdini's exposure of so many fakes & other sources that flat out deny the possibility. However, keeping an open mind has allowed me to see that it's ridiculous to explain away the evidence w/ 'it's not possible b/c it's not possible.' I'd like to hear anything Tricia or you know about Edgar Cayce's legacy. The jury still seems to be out re: his readings. I have long thought he was "America's best documented psychic."

Neither Tricia or I have really studied Edgar Cayce and therefore can't be much help on that question. I am aware that much of the health and related direction he provided while in trance has proven to be very good advice by modern standards. Kevin Todeshi is probably one of the people with the best knowledge of Cayce.

As for Houdini, he also was caught trying to make it look like certain Mediums were cheating--setting them up. Also, he left a secret code with his wife before he died and today it is reported that no one ever cracked the code, but that isn't true. Arthur Ford did crack the code, but there was a wave of skeptical backlash claiming that he was in cahoots with Houdini's wife -- without any evidence to support that allegation. You won't find that on Wikipedia, but you can find it in Allen Spraggett's "Arthur Ford: The Man Who Talked With the Dead". I don't have time at this moment, but will come back later and post the quotes.

Reactions: Kim

Point taken, I'm not saying all so called Psychics are full of BS and rip people off , just about 80 to 90 % of them . Also, you're going by what this person says or claims for testing people. Does she have scientist types there who are agnostic about it or skeptics who are objective witnessing this and the test data after? Are the people setting up and doing the tests all YES people? A true test , after the test subjects who claim to show an ability or pass the testing: have them face a verified unknown person , say three in front of an audience , one after another and read them. Have the audience small say ten people. Give out right before the readings - like a few minutes- in sealed envelopes the back ground of each test subject, and the questions and the answers for each that will be asked to the Psychic . Let that be the final test and see what happens. Then!! do the tests again with people who don't claim to be Psychics then look at the differences.

If Psychics claim that YES we only get what we get and not all dead people will tune into us. I would say , that's cool ,honest , and believable. I myself have had very real Psychic experiences , but I don't claim to talk to dead people; they would come to me. The ones that get me pissed off are the ones that on a whim can talk to any of your dead family members at any time.; just give me some good money per hour :) and I'll give you some general answers that can kind of apply to anybody . These people just prey on everybody else's hardships: people missing their loved ones and pets like we all do! That is a SIN!! I would say that is the majority ; that's my beef! Its the same with the TV paranormal weenies.
Is there a spirt paranormal world ?? Yes there is without question, but its much more rare then they claim.

Last edited:
Neither Tricia or I have really studied Edgar Cayce and therefore can't be much help on that question. I am aware that much of the health and related direction he provided while in trance has proven to be very good advice by modern standards. Kevin Todeshi is probably one of the people with the best knowledge of Cayce.

As for Houdini, he also was caught trying to make it look like certain Mediums were cheating--setting them up. Also, he left a secret code with his wife before he died and today it is reported that no one ever cracked the code, but that isn't true. Arthur Ford did crack the code, but there was a wave of skeptical backlash claiming that he was in cahoots with Houdini's wife -- without any evidence to support that allegation. You won't find that on Wikipedia, but you can find it in Allen Spraggett's "Arthur Ford: The Man Who Talked With the Dead". I don't have time at this moment, but will come back later and post the quotes.
Thanks for the reply! I can believe Houdini was not above cheating; so many of his great escapes from jails, for instance, involved bribing guards, stealing keys & having copies made, etc. I will definitely check out Todeshi & Spraggett. I stopped using Wikipedia. Someone on Skeptiko told me about their badly biased treatment of Dean Radin & others. Long ago, I read their take on Edgar Cayce, which was even-handed & mostly accepting of the best-known claims, but I re-read it not too long ago, & the tone was entirely different w/ the cynical suggestion that Cayce was a voracious reader who just passed along his research as his 'readings.' This is patently ridiculous! The man was a poor photographer w/ an elementary school education who struggled all his life to pay the bills. That he could have possibly afforded the cost of the volume of books he would have had to read is ludicrous. His cure for a young man's madness that used spinal manipulation to relieve pressure on his spinal cord predated chiropractic treatments, so where did he read about chiropractic medicine? My ex-wife's son severely injured a disk in his back & soon after lost most of his head's hair as if he was in his 50s instead of his early 30s, so no one can tell me the spinal cord has nothing to do w/ anything but nervous impulse transmissions. I look forward to the future posted quotes, & thanks for your efforts to educate us re: mediumship.

Dean Radin is the real deal!!!! I trust his research and opinions. I hope he keeps showing up the materialist atheist types. They haven't a leg to stand on with consciousness and it surviving death. They know it does in the back of their heads , but can't say that or risk getting kicked out
of the scientist boys club and maybe their researched money , their jobs, and things like that. I would say its their version of the Liberal left wing cancel culture.

Last edited:
Dean Radin is indeed outstanding in the field of psi research.

And Tricia is well qualified to do the Mediumship research she's been engaged in, having served as President of the Scottish Society of Psychical Research (affiliated with the London-based SPR) and she also taught physics and mathematics. Archie Roy, who conducted the noted experiment with Tricia, was one of the most highly esteemed scientists in the UK.

Here are a few tidbits about Roy: "Archie Roy...was one of Scotland's most distinguished astronomers, and a world expert on celestial mechanics and the movements of heavenly bodies. He was also a gifted writer, publishing 30 books that included six novels, and more than 70 scientific papers....His understanding of orbital motion was such that Nasa asked him to help them calculate trajectories for their space probes as the US space agency mounted its programme of lunar missions that culminated in the 1969 Moon landing of Apollo 11, with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on board." Source: https://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/feb/03/archie-roy

Dean Radin is indeed outstanding in the field of psi research.

And Tricia is well qualified to do the Mediumship research she's been engaged in, having served as President of the Scottish Society of Psychical Research (affiliated with the London-based SPR) and she also taught physics and mathematics. Archie Roy, who conducted the noted experiment with Tricia, was one of the most highly esteemed scientists in the UK.

Here are a few tidbits about Roy: "Archie Roy...was one of Scotland's most distinguished astronomers, and a world expert on celestial mechanics and the movements of heavenly bodies. He was also a gifted writer, publishing 30 books that included six novels, and more than 70 scientific papers....His understanding of orbital motion was such that Nasa asked him to help them calculate trajectories for their space probes as the US space agency mounted its programme of lunar missions that culminated in the 1969 Moon landing of Apollo 11, with Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin on board." Source: https://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/feb/03/archie-roy

Nice info, so you yourself have books? I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your son too. I would imagine like myself and many other people who had strange things happen after a family member passes your son , or something on his behalf ,let your know he was Ok?

Nice info, so you yourself have books? I'm very sorry to hear about the passing of your son too. I would imagine like myself and many other people , who had strange things happen after a family member passes ,your son , or something on his behalf ,let your know he was Ok?

Back