Trump Consciousness

Horseshoe Argument?! Really?!

Just FYI: Peak Centrist genocide is in process right now, thanks to the American Empire which employ it as its ideological foundation and justification.

Ask Palestenians about that. Or Yemeni. Or Venesuelians. Or Chileans. Or Vietnamese. Or Iraqi. Or Lybians. Or many others who were invaded, brutalised, massacred or deliberately starved to death by this global beacon of the Peak Centrism.

Well, I suppose they were all "extremists", or even "terrorists", so no problem.
I honestly don’t know how to respond. I feel attacked. You’ve assumed that I support war when that’s one of the biggest reason I’ve left the current left. I don’t remember a war Trump started. I remember who started the open slave markets in Libya.
For the record I’m against any extremist including the actions by America.

So here's the thing. There is no real way to tell who is more altruistic, or "less dirty" if you prefer, between any of the candidates. So why do so many Trump supporters fall back, as you did, to detracting from alternatives under this banner of profiteering? Its nonsensical Smash, truly. I simply don't get it.

Oh, I agree. He is a MASTER marketer (really his primary business attribute as there are myriads of better real estate investors). His campaign was brilliant to capitalize on the tone deafness so many people, especially in the fly over states, felt was prevalent in Washington.

That was then, however, and this is now. We've had almost four years to listen and watch the way he leads. He, in my view, has cheapened the office and reduced discourse to elementary school name-calling and lying. I think the longer term impact of these type of societal shift, should it take hold, is potentially calamitous.

Are the others better? Who knows but I do feel that Trump is destructive. That's enough for me to find the next President. We've survived the previous 44, hopefully we'll survive the 45th ( ;) ) and I feel good about our odds with 46 and beyond.

How about this? If I grant you that EVERY media story regarding something Trump said is a blatant falsehood if you can wade through Trump's own words on video and in digital print (i.e., his Twitter) and tell me he hasn't smeared himself and the rest of us.

Again, these red herrings are constantly brought up as a defense. "Its the MSM!". You can see that right?

Forget the media, read/listen to what he's said himself, and tell me how I'm supposed to react to the insults he flings out with regularity. You'll likely respond with a variant of "he's defending himself". If you go there, we'll cover that then.

I commend him for this as well.

My own red herring moment: Do all wealthy folks who donate to charities get the same virtue halo? Seems that many times on these forums the billionaire philanthropist is actually a ruse; and that more power and control remains their ultimate game.

So capitulation? Or back to the lesser of two evils? I get it. Its a real quandary.
I got nothing left to say.
You win

I honestly don’t know how to respond. I feel attacked. You’ve assumed that I support war when that’s one of the biggest reason I’ve left the current left. I don’t remember a war Trump started. I remember who started the open slave markets in Libya.
For the record I’m against any extremist including the actions by America.

I never assumed that you, personally, support all this. I just wanted to emphasis that the supposedly "moderate" Peak Centrist types are as much guilty of mass slaughter and torment as all the supposedly "extremist" Far Left and Far Right types. No moral high ground for the Center.

Not sure if this belongs here or somewhere else because it isn't specifically about Trump, but then the riots aren't either. I just had a dream that had a comment on the media that I found interesting. If one is inclined to connect "consciousness" to our daily lives, this might prove interesting. Otherwise, likely not. Here is the dream:

I am inside a church.

I don't remember much more about the church. There had been services, a fleeting memory of the pastor and a few of the churchgoers, looking out a window at the church, the parking lot.

Next, I am standing on an indoor stage.

A televised program is ongoing. It appears to be an awards program. I am assisting in the presenting duties, with others. Some people hand awards out, others come to receive their awards. At certain moments, I have to come out and say a few words.

After this has been going on for some time, a cue card comes out. It has my name on it and a message telling me to stand approximately center stage. Others stand around me. Someone else thanks each of us by name, after which, we are directed to sit in the audience.

After I am thanked, I walk forward off the stage, then between two rows of chairs. Toward the end of the row on the right, I see an empty chair that I think of as mine. I walk to that chair and sit. At about that time, the name of an elderly man is called but he isn't where he is supposed to be. The presenters look around for him but do not see him.

I look to the floor on the left of my chair, which is on the end of its row. The old man lies there, collapsed, unmoving. I recognize him from the church mentioned earlier. I fear he's died or had a heart attack. I shout out that I've found the man. A pretty young woman with a microphone approaches, sees the man, and smiles at me. "You didn't push him out of his chair did you?" she asks, as if it is a funny joke. I don't find it funny.

The old man suddenly sits up, wide awake. He says something to the effect that he received a warning while unconscious. He starts to write it out as he speaks but has a hard time writing. Then he just says it outright, "They have been possessed", meaning that the media assembled in this room, and the media in general wherever they are, have been possessed by evil spirits or something evil.

My impression is that the old man's warning was directed more toward the media than anyone they might harm. He seemed quite concerned about media figures whose spirits would be permanently harmed by the possession. The damage would be great to them because of the damage they would cause others in their possessed state. That would harm their own spirits in a permanent way because all of their actions become indelible permanent components of their spiritual body.

My impression is that the old man's warning was directed more toward the media than anyone they might harm. He seemed quite concerned about media figures whose spirits would be permanently harmed by the possession. ...

Yes, I think if we understood what was happening on earth from a spiritual perspective we would have pity for our enemies not anger, hatred or fear.
It's why we should not stoop to use the same underhanded tactics against them that we think they are using against us.
Thanks Andrew.

Not sure if this belongs here or somewhere else because it isn't specifically about Trump, but then the riots aren't either. I just had a dream that had a comment on the media that I found interesting. If one is inclined to connect "consciousness" to our daily lives, this might prove interesting. Otherwise, likely not. Here is the dream:

I am inside a church.

I don't remember much more about the church. There had been services, a fleeting memory of the pastor and a few of the churchgoers, looking out a window at the church, the parking lot.

Next, I am standing on an indoor stage.

A televised program is ongoing. It appears to be an awards program. I am assisting in the presenting duties, with others. Some people hand awards out, others come to receive their awards. At certain moments, I have to come out and say a few words.

After this has been going on for some time, a cue card comes out. It has my name on it and a message telling me to stand approximately center stage. Others stand around me. Someone else thanks each of us by name, after which, we are directed to sit in the audience.

After I am thanked, I walk forward off the stage, then between two rows of chairs. Toward the end of the row on the right, I see an empty chair that I think of as mine. I walk to that chair and sit. At about that time, the name of an elderly man is called but he isn't where he is supposed to be. The presenters look around for him but do not see him.

I look to the floor on the left of my chair, which is on the end of its row. The old man lies there, collapsed, unmoving. I recognize him from the church mentioned earlier. I fear he's died or had a heart attack. I shout out that I've found the man. A pretty young woman with a microphone approaches, sees the man, and smiles at me. "You didn't push him out of his chair did you?" she asks, as if it is a funny joke. I don't find it funny.

The old man suddenly sits up, wide awake. He says something to the effect that he received a warning while unconscious. He starts to write it out as he speaks but has a hard time writing. Then he just says it outright, "They have been possessed", meaning that the media assembled in this room, and the media in general wherever they are, have been possessed by evil spirits or something evil.

My impression is that the old man's warning was directed more toward the media than anyone they might harm. He seemed quite concerned about media figures whose spirits would be permanently harmed by the possession. The damage would be great to them because of the damage they would cause others in their possessed state. That would harm their own spirits in a permanent way because all of their actions become indelible permanent components of their spiritual body.
Do you have prophetic dreams?

If a job requires you to lose your personal compass I imagine there’s a karmic debt to be paid.

He does.

https://www.ebooks.com/en-us/book/670800/dreamer/andy-paquette/
Dreamer 20 years of psychic dreams and how they changed my life​
Andy Paquette​

https://www.scientificexploration.org/docs/29/jse_29_3_Paquette.pdf
Can Death-Related Dreams Predict Future Deaths?​
Evidence from a Dream Journal Comprising Nearly 12,000​
Dreams​
ANDREW PAQUETTE​
Journal of Scientifi c Exploration, Vol. 29, No. 3, pp. 411–423, 2015​
Thanks Jim,

What a gift that would be, I guess :D

Do you have prophetic dreams?

If a job requires you to lose your personal compass I imagine there’s a karmic debt to be paid.

I guess you don't know who I am. I used to post here quite often, until my PhD studies required so much time that I stopped. I've written half a dozen papers and a book about my dreams, some of which are "prophetic", others simply "precognitive", and others that are interesting from a parapsychology perspective for other reasons.

Here are the articles:
Veridicality in precognitive dreams
NDE/OBE article
Death-related dreams
Rarity of genuine symbols in dreams
Spiritual dreams
And my book:
Dreamer, by Andrew Paquette

I guess you don't know who I am. I used to post here quite often, until my PhD studies required so much time that I stopped. I've written half a dozen papers and a book about my dreams, some of which are "prophetic", others simply "precognitive", and others that are interesting from a parapsychology perspective for other reasons.

Here are the articles:
Veridicality in precognitive dreams
NDE/OBE article
Death-related dreams
Rarity of genuine symbols in dreams
Spiritual dreams
And my book:
Dreamer, by Andrew Paquette
I’m new to watching Skeptiko, so I didn’t known about your abilities. Very gracious of you to share your work, thank you.
Do you dream in color? I’ve read most people only have black and white dreams or don’t remember them. I’ve always has vivid dreams, it takes me a moment everyday to get back into reality. I can carry the emotion of dreams for hours.
As a child I was hypnotised to break a repeated nightmare, it worked.
Thanks again for the reading material over the weekend :)

They have distracted a lot of people from spirituality. Maybe that is the purpose of the "dark forces" - to lead people away from spirituality by getting them distracted by political conflict, spreading anger and fear?

I am not suggesting people should ignore what is going on around them, but maybe they should try to keep a spiritual perspective on things. Not let anger, hate, and fear take over their minds, be mindful that the physical realm is not the ultimate reality. Remember the NDErs say what they learn from their life reviews: that kindness and love are the most important things. No one ever came back from an NDE and said - "we all have to get involved in politics and save civilization."

They have distracted a lot of people from spirituality. Maybe that is the purpose of the "dark forces" - to lead people away from spirituality by getting them distracted by political conflict, spreading anger and fear?

I am not suggesting people should ignore what is going on around them, but maybe they should try to keep a spiritual perspective on things. Not let anger, hate, and fear take over their minds, be mindful that the physical realm is not the ultimate reality. Remember the NDErs say what they learn from their life reviews: that kindness and love are the most important things. No one ever came back from an NDE and said - "we all have to get involved in politics and save civilization."
I’ve heard the following from a few people and I tend to agree with it.
“Everyone worships something, wether they realise or not”

Last edited:
Back