Trump Consciousness

Wasn't going to bother with politics anymore, it feels dirty. But seriously? I doubt he could manage a hot dog stand let alone a nation. I think it is strong evidence that this man is just a figure head. Is it not obvious by now? The alternative is even more alarming. That is all I wish to say.

Last edited:
Wasn't going to bother with politics anymore, it feels dirty. But seriously? I doubt he could manage a hot dog stand let alone a nation. I think it is strong evidence that this man is just a figure head. Is it not obvious by now? The alternative is even more alarming. That is all I wish to say.
Compared to this Putin puppet, Biden is a genius:

LOL. You can always count on a Trumper to make fun of a non-Trumper with a speech impediment/stutter.

Do you really think that is all that is wrong with President Biden, or are you putting it on?

David
Who knows? But a mash-up of presidents being inarticulate or spouting gibberish is a longstanding tradition in the U.S. Trump, GWB, and others have made a cottage industry out of it.

Questioning intelligence, mental acuity, and overall fitness for the office is also nothing new. I'm not sure there's anything remarkable about Biden in this regard. It certainly doesn't inspire confidence, but (repeating myself) that's nothing new about POTUS's either.

I'm not sure there's anything remarkable about Biden in this regard. It certainly doesn't inspire confidence, but (repeating myself) that's nothing new about POTUS's either.

You've gotta be kidding me Silence. That's such nonsense. He is probably the worst president in terms of public speaking I have ever seen. He seems senile or something. He's really not all there.

You've gotta be kidding me Silence. That's such nonsense. He is probably the worst president in terms of public speaking I have ever seen.
Did I say something sensational? We've had really horrible public speakers in the Oval Office. Some samples:

Trump: ("I know words, I have the best words"?)

George Bush: (my fav is at the 2:00 mark; I've screwed up that metaphor myself!)

He seems senile or something. He's really not all there.
Its concerning for sure. But again not unprecedented. Reagan faced a similar concern during his re-election run in 1984 as he went on to be the then oldest president. You have to go to the 1:29:50 mark here to listen to his closing statement which caused quite a stir at the time raising questions of his mental fitness (and remember, this was a professionally trained actor who'd spent a lifetime on his oratory skills):

On a separate note, wouldn't it be nice to get back to some form of respect and decorum. I love Mondale's reaction to Reagan's master stroke of comedic relief in the second debate:

Who knows? But a mash-up of presidents being inarticulate or spouting gibberish is a longstanding tradition in the U.S. Trump, GWB, and others have made a cottage industry out of it.

Questioning intelligence, mental acuity, and overall fitness for the office is also nothing new. I'm not sure there's anything remarkable about Biden in this regard. It certainly doesn't inspire confidence, but (repeating myself) that's nothing new about POTUS's either.
But has any POTUS ever told so many lies?

Puppets one and all. Occasional different masters but puppets all. The super rich have always ruled the world. There's occasional aberrations in politics but nothing to trouble the elite and establishment. Politics is theatre. Voters just provide a veneer of respectability to whoever is pretending to make decisions and real choices are made in country estates, ranches and boardrooms.

Trump "communicate(s) directly with his followers through comments, images and videos" at:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/desk

I thought he should have done this long before he got banned from twitter.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/05/trump-launches-new-media-platform-here-it-is

Former President Donald Trump launched his own communications platform Tuesday, allowing him to communicate directly with his followers through comments, images and videos months after being banned from social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.​

The platform, “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump” can be found at www.DonaldJTrump.com/desk.​
He has a blog! how cute.

'One of the four executive orders the former president had signed was called, Preventing Online Censorship.

The executive order came along - and perhaps "prophetically" - before the unprecedented wave of online censorship in the wake of the November 2020 US elections - and the political and physical turmoil during the long weeks the US was trying to count that vote, that culminated in the Capitol Hill protests in early January - but perhaps far more reaching decision by Twitter to ban the account of a sitting president.'

The above quote from the below linked article also says something to people who call Trump a fraud just because the threat of potential election fraud may have been mentioned in the run up to the election.
https://reclaimthenet.org/biden-revokes-trumps-executive-order-against-big-tech-censorship/

Did I say something sensational? We've had really horrible public speakers in the Oval Office. Some samples:

Trump: ("I know words, I have the best words"?)

George Bush: (my fav is at the 2:00 mark; I've screwed up that metaphor myself!)

Its concerning for sure. But again not unprecedented. Reagan faced a similar concern during his re-election run in 1984 as he went on to be the then oldest president. You have to go to the 1:29:50 mark here to listen to his closing statement which caused quite a stir at the time raising questions of his mental fitness (and remember, this was a professionally trained actor who'd spent a lifetime on his oratory skills):

On a separate note, wouldn't it be nice to get back to some form of respect and decorum. I love Mondale's reaction to Reagan's master stroke of comedic relief in the second debate:

It's just that Biden is clearly the worst by a long shot. Have you seen that one of him talking about his hairy leg or some nonsense, to some kids? Okay, so he wasn't President at the time, but doesn't matter.

Would you mind sharing say, 3 good lies I can investigate? Don't have to spend much time on it, just something that is clear and that most people believed, but which was wrong.

Being genuine here.
I guess you may have to define "good" before you can be satisfied. I haven't double fact checked these, but you can check them out if you want:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/16/politics/fact-check-dale-top-15-donald-trump-lies/index.html

It didn't rain on his inauguration
Trump began his presidency by lying about the weather. It rained during Trump's inaugural address. Then, at a celebratory ball later that day, Trump told the crowd that the rain "just never came" until he finished talking and went inside, at which point "it poured." This was the first lie of Trump's presidency. Like his lies that same week about his inauguration crowd, it hinted at what would come next. The President would say things that we could see with our own eyes were not true. And he would often do this brazen lying for no apparent strategic reason.

Trump was once named Michigan's Man of the Year
Trump has never lived in Michigan. Why would he have been named Michigan's Man of the Year years before his presidency? He wouldn't have been. He wasn't. And yet this lie he appeared to have invented in the final week of his 2016 campaign became a staple of his 2020 campaign, repeated at Michigan rally after rally. It's so illustrative because it makes so little sense.

Trump won the election
Trump's long White House campaign against verifiable reality has culminated with his lie that he is the true winner of the 2020 presidential election he clearly, certifiably and fairly lost. To many of us, it's ludicrous nonsense. But to millions of deluded Americans, it's the truth. And it has now gotten people killed. The nation's truth problem, clearly, isn't just a Trump problem. With this last blizzard of deception and the Capitol insurrection it fomented, Trump has shown us, once more, just how detached from reality much of his political base has become -- or always was.

Entire books have also been written on the topic:

51qeyI-sEGL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Donald-Trump-His-Assault-Truth-ebook/dp/B08286PG7V

Then there's stuff like this:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-strategist-rove-who-fires-back-idUSKBN2AX089

Karl Rove, a staple of Republican politics for over 20 years, is now in Trump's crosshairs. Trump had this to say about Rove recently:

Karl Rove has been losing for years, except for himself. He’s a RINO of the highest order, who came to the Oval Office lobbying for 5G for him and a group

Rove responded with this:

I’ve been called a lot of things in my career, but never a RINO. I’ve voted for every Republican presidential candidate since I turned 18 and have labored only for GOP candidates since then,” said the 70-year-old Rove. “I have a different recollection of Mr. Trump’s views on 5G and our conversation election night. I’ll continue to use my whiteboard and voice to call balls and strikes.

Who to believe? I'm no fan of Rove's but he's never hidden or shied away from being who he is: GOP all the way through. Those who would take Trump's word as fact here and accuse Rove of being liar would have to declare on what basis they came to this conclusion. I'm certain it would be centered on a conspiratorial notion; namely that Rove is part of the swamp. This basically allows Trump to say, literally, anything and his sycophants accept it... no questions asked.

Hardly a rigorous standard and certainly a very dangerous one in my view.

Would you mind sharing say, 3 good lies I can investigate? Don't have to spend much time on it, just something that is clear and that most people believed, but which was wrong.

Being genuine here.
Silence provided you with a good chunk of lies to start with, since you asked me to not spend to much time at it, i will leave it at that.
To ask this question though? It brings up another one, (also being genuine) what media did you consume over the last four years if you have to ask?

How did you come to the conclusion that there was any doubt that someone could name three DJT lies?
Why did you wait with indulging your curiosity about his lying for all this time?
Is it maybe that you have different criteria for calling something a lie? To me it is simple, if someone makes a statement that is verifiable wrong, it is a lie.
Let us know what you think.

Back