Upcoming Interview With Jack Ward -- Global Nova Scotia Warming :)

Sure I do David. Simple reason? I haven't seen one iota of empirical evidence to support the claim.

The burden is on those asserting that "activist" teachers are a substantial proportion. That's the claim.

I think its all too easy to be drawn into the loudest voices on the internet or to selectively seek out YouTube anecdotes such as K9 seems to do. But none of that is evidence. Are there activist teachers? I'm sure. Are they a "substantial proportion"? Well, now we have to get into a) defining what an activist teacher is and then b) finding some empirical measure of their populace to support the claim. I've seen neither.

Its all fine if you just want to gnash teeth here, but I won't apologize for asking what rigor is behind it all.
I've seen activist teachers in my own school system. I had activist teachers in the schools I attended as a child. When parents here complain about public money going to "transvestite story time" in kindergarten and at the public libraries, they are accused of being racist bigots and told to move to the US.

Antifa's website in Canada was being run by a teacher in Drumheller Alberta, Kurt Phillips, using school computers and while the teacher was supposed to be teaching kids. We are talking rural Alberta, which is not where one would expect to find far left ideologies being forced on kids. This is a real problem in Canada. Phillips is still a teacher there.

In other news, the Minister of Agriculture in the Netherlands has stepped down after protests from Dutch farmers.

Last edited:
I've seen activist teachers in my own school system. I had activist teachers in the schools I attended as a child. When parents here complain about public money going to "transvestite story time" in kindergarten and at the public libraries, they are accused of being racist bigots and told to move to the US.

Antifa's website in Canada was being run by a teacher in Drumheller Alberta, Kurt Phillips, using school computers and while the teacher was supposed to be teaching kids. We are talking rural Alberta, which is not where one would expect to find far left ideologies being forced on kids. This is a real problem in Canada. Phillips is still a teacher there.
Localized, limited sample size, personal anecdotes. Important to the individual and I'm sympathetic to what you've said but its hardly supportive of your assertion:

Activist teachers have become the norm

We should be a bit more precise in our language. IMO at least.

Thinking about this, I feel more strongly about Sam Harris’s arrogance than I do about Trump’s ...
It seems that I don't see the same level of "arrogance" in Harris that you do. Trump is a whole other story. I think Trump's psychopathology is entirely different than whatever you see in Harris. Maybe if we were to discuss some specifics that makes you think Harris is being arrogant, it would help me understand this phenomenon better. After all, I doubt that in his mind, he thinks he's actually being arrogant. Yet for some reason, he's being perceived that way — at least by some people. Feel free to use any example you want. If you're not sure where to begin, then I'll offer the following :

Localized, limited sample size, personal anecdotes. Important to the individual and I'm sympathetic to what you've said but its hardly supportive of your assertion:

We should be a bit more precise in our language. IMO at least.

I would say when teacher's associations are promoting activism, as in California, it's become the norm.

https://abigailshrier.substack.com/p/how-activist-teachers-recruit-kids

https://kappanonline.org/niesz-teacher-activist-groups/

Various TAGs, including the New York Collective of Radical Educators, Teacher Action Group (Philadelphia), Teachers for Social Justice (Chicago), and several others, are organized locally but linked by a nationwide coalition called the National Network of Teacher Activist Groups (see Figure 1). These TAGs tend to be intergenerational and diverse in terms of race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation. Depending on the group, many or most participating teachers work in urban schools. Most groups are primarily made up of teachers, but some also include social workers, counselors, and other school personnel. TAGs tend toward collaborative leadership among one or two dozen highly active members, but many more individuals, often numbering in the hundreds, participate in TAG activities like conferences, inquiry groups, and collective actions.

This is from the Elementary Teachers Federation of Ontario:

https://www.etfovoice.ca/feature/teaching-social-justice-using-activist-approach

Even the mainstream media in Canada is starting to notice.

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/ba...-parents-to-push-back-against-woke-classrooms
https://archive.ph/uO2kZ

The National Post article mentions a teacher in Ontarrio who was "Suspended without pay by the Ontario College of Teachers for having opposed CRT in a private Facebook group".

More and more parents are hearing from their kids about activist teachers promoting highly biased, factually questionable, ideological instruction

And then there is this:

Last edited:
Back