Vincent Tolman, NDE Lessons |591|

Stan Grof (MD) in some of his writings describes the themes/patterns of the altered, non-ordinary states of consciousness associated with the shamanic rituals induced by various indigenous cultures. Among them, graphic sequences involving death/dismemberment, consciously surviving that ordeal, and then experiencing a type of conscious rebirth as a result. The states/territory here could share similarities with that of experiencing a medical emergency and spontaneous NDE - a very strong conscious perception that one was 'dying' and has 'died'. Another sequence or theme during these shamanic states (if I recall correctly) is one of being isolated/alone, consciously surviving that ordeal, and then again experiencing a type of conscious rebirth as a result. That state/territory could share similarties with individuals during NDE's experiencing what they describe as the 'void'?

I could definitely see the cross-linkage and how these are not neatly divided experiences but rather occur across a spectrum of conscious states and under varying circumstances.
Excellent. Thanks for pointing us back to this important research. Agreed, many potential threads to string together. Caveat... I still have problems processing the back door materialism that insists on denying Consciousness survival after death. Much more on this to come:-)

Back