What are you listening to?

In the overcrowded hardcore punk/Mexican folk fusion market :eek: I submit Mariachi El Bronx. I keep returning to the 2009 album and it keeps putting me in a better mood. Something different and awesome.

In the overcrowded hardcore punk/Mexican folk fusion market :eek: I submit Mariachi El Bronx.

Yeah, I mean, one cant get away from the hardcore punk/Mexican folk fusion-bands these days. They are like....everywhere. It's such an overexploited genre, you know. God,..artist these days have no imagination.
What about boy-bands? There's a genre we need some boosting in. Or female singers with minimal clothes on, twerking their fat ass to to some fucked up rap-beat. Where are those in these days?? I'm just asking?
Eye_rolling_smiley.gif

When I heard Sparks for the first time as a kid I was wondering; WTF is this?? It sounded like the soundtrack from an insane asylum, but I was intrigued. It sounded like nothing I heard before - or since. First I thought it was quite freaky, then I started to like it, and then I realized they are fu*kin geniuses. The way they write music, and compose it together, and the twist and turns their songs takes, is quite original and brilliant. I can say one thing; if you don't like them, at least their songs are not boring. They might be crazy, but definitely not boring - much like I imagine an insane asylum would be.
000987-medium.gif

Listen to these 2 albums. I can imagine it takes 2 or 3 times of listening for them to grow on you.
Sparks-Kimono My House [Full Album] 1974

Sparks-Propaganda [Full Album] 1974

Sparks - This Town Ain't Big Enough For Both Of Us

Sparks - Hasta Manana Monsieur

PS: OK, maybe there is one band/song I've heard that was more crazy than Sparks, and that is;
The Avalanches - 'Frontier Psychiatrist'

Last edited:
Listened to an old (possibly original?) pressing of Sinatra via my friend's turn table last night. Good stuff, not really a music snob but I do feel there's a difference between phonograms and digital?

Also:

Back