What are you listening to?

Unexpected connection here.

I had the radio playing in the background and heard this programme, which was a kind of gentle soundscape, with a little bit of narrative and dialogue:
A Beastly Midsummer Night

And then, following on from the previous track by Bridget St. John, I came to this track, which surprised me by the ambient sounds:
Bridget St. John -[12 ]- Ask Me No Questions

How fascinating. So, there have been, within the past 24 hours, at least three potential syncs (I'm not game to call them 'definitive' syncs) on this forum:

1. Two posters apologising for the unintended strike-through in their posts (as far as I know, nobody has apologised for or even commented on this problem before, even though it has occurred for others in the past).
  2. I go to bed the night before intending to try to find a <nowiki> tag equivalent for BBCode and even though there is no such equivalent, Typoz comes up within a day with a hack that does the same thing.
  3. Typoz hears in the background on the radio a soundscape, and then something very similar when listening to follow-ups of the Bridget St. John track that he posted to this forum.

Of course, it's all nothing to a skeptic, and needn't even be anything to a psi proponent, but it is at the very least... a source of curiosity?

How fascinating. So, there have been, within the past 24 hours, at least three potential syncs (I'm not game to call them 'definitive' syncs) on this forum:

1. Two posters apologising for the unintended strike-through in their posts (as far as I know, nobody has apologised for or even commented on this problem before, even though it has occurred for others in the past).
  2. I go to bed the night before intending to try to find a <nowiki> tag equivalent for BBCode and even though there is no such equivalent, Typoz comes up within a day with a hack that does the same thing.
  3. Typoz hears in the background on the radio a soundscape, and then something very similar when listening to follow-ups of the Bridget St. John track that he posted to this forum.

Of course, it's all nothing to a skeptic, and needn't even be anything to a psi proponent, but it is at the very least... a source of curiosity?
There was also, in the lucid dream thread, some sort of correlation between a dream reported by Doppelgänger and a dream I had, all within a few days of one another, and neither of us was previously aware of the other.

We have four. Is that a final offer? Sir? Do I see you raising your hand? We're looking for five... five... are there any other final offers?

Folks, as many of our browsers struggle to load pages full of embedded videos in this thread, please consider these mitigation strategies:
  • Link to your song(s), rather than embedding them, as I've done above and will continue doing.
  • If not linking, then try to limit yourself to one embedded video per post.

I don't say this as a moderator, and these suggestions won't be enforced - they are just that: suggestions, from a concerned fellow poster.

Last edited:
P.S. It was suggested that we might try to deal with the problem by decreasing the number of posts per page for this thread (and others like it, such as the "spiritual" songs thread, and the various video threads). Unfortunately, it is not possible to set the number of posts-per-page on a thread-by-thread (or even a per-user) basis. The alternative - to do this globally - would unfortunately cause problems, because the links that some of us have used in our posts to refer to other posts by clicking the post number in the bottom-right of those other posts, and copying the link from the pop-up window, turns out to include the page number! Thus, changing the number of posts per page would invalidate many (most, probably) of these links.

So, sad as it is, I can only commend the above two suggestions to you (us).

Funny stuff but very musical too. Just a quick heads-up: you've linked to the same song in the last three of your links, Pollux.

Last edited:
Funny stuff but very musical too. Just a quick heads-up: you've linked to the same song in the last three of your links, Pollux.
Oh, crap. those damn youtube links often dont get copied when I use right-klick on the mouse. I have to do CTRL+C instead.

But yeah, they are great musicians, and harmony singers - all the way from the deep forests of Finland. :)

I will change the links now.

PS: fixed now. Listen to Thunderstruck. :D

Last edited:
Just heard in the last 24 hours that an incredible Australian musician, one of this land's First People, has passed away in the last several days. Out of cultural respect, his name is not spoken after death, but I will share some of his music here, which does expose his name. The first song is wholly his. I detect a message (deliberate? I don't know) in the video clip: this is a Christian song, which indigenous Australians (with their own religion/spirituality) are forced to sing, but, on the other hand, it is a song which caucasian Australians (in the clip) are forced to sing in an indigenous language, rather than in English. So, it's kind of a quid pro quo thing that I see going on. Not sure if that's what we are supposed to take from the clip, but it's my take-away anyhow.

'Jesu'

The second clip I'm sharing is this recently-departed First People musician's collaboration with the Australian rapper, Briggs, as broadcast on one of our public radio broadcasters, Triple-J aka JJJ:

The Hunt

I hope you guys like this music. It's very sad that this talented musician has left us. Further information: he was blind from birth. He played a right-handed guitar left-handed (the remote region in which he was born didn't have any left-handed guitars). He taught himself how to play. Upside-down. He was also a key-but-low-key member of the bands Yothu Yindi, whose song, Treaty was a hit in Australia in the late 80s - as it should have been; we're still waiting on that treaty - and the Saltwater Band. He spoke very little English, and relied on his English-speaking friends to speak for him to mainstream Australia.

Edit: here's a tribute from his close friend, which is the article to which I was referred by a friend on Facebook which let me know that this special man had passed.

Last edited:
Had a bit of a "St Louis Blues" day today. The first few versions ran at the thing like an express train and weren't what I was wanting to hear at all. Then, by way of several Bessie Smith* versions as well as Paul Robeson, came to this one. Wish it was longer:
Daughter Maitland - St. Louis Blues (Boardwalk Empire)

*The Bessie Smith versions are classics, though the 1929 sound quality is a bit rough by current standards.
A 1925 Bessie Smith recording is better audio quality, but rather less interesting than the 1929 movie version above which tells a story - especially if you watch part 1 which leads up to the song.

Last edited:
Back