Whitley Strieber, MKUltra Flypaper |480|

Yes but ultimately this may be just that tubes are what sells right now.

For example, for a while there were skiis on sale with traces of graphene added, but by now graphene isn't the in-thing any more, so the use something else.

I mean digital stuff can play all sorts of tricks - for example it is possible to slow speech down without changing its pitch. The equipment (I presume) uses a DFT on the input, shifts the frequency in the frequency domain, then transforms it back and re-samples it to slow it down - cancelling the frequency change and leaving it just slower.

David

My first love and maybe only half-talent lol, was playing and performing music. It was the only thing I was decent at in school, so I dived into that world as a teen.

Valves are definitely superior in terms of sound and more importantly, FEEL. It FEELS different to play a tube amp versus solid state digital amps. There is no comparison :)

Ironically enough though (due to being skint and not being able to drive as a teen!), whenever I used digital modelling of amps via a pedal, you could clearly hear the distinctive frequencies of that digital noise; it was awful!

But if something feels good to play, then there is no question. You will play much better and thus sound better and look better if you are performing ;)

Ironically enough though (due to being skint and not being able to drive as a teen!), whenever I used digital modelling of amps via a pedal, you could clearly hear the distinctive frequencies of that digital noise; it was awful!
So you had something that tried to create the valve sound, back when you were a teenager - dare I ask how long ago that was? I just wonder if any such limitation need still exist nowadays.

I am just curious as to how it can be that an ancient valve amplifier can't be simulated down to a T. Nobody can ever tell me - they just say it is true!

David

Last edited:
So you had something that tried to create the valve sound, back when you were a teenager - dare I ask how long ago that was? I just wonder if any such limitation need still exist nowadays.

I am just curious as to how it can be that an ancient valve amplifier can't be simulated down to a T. Nobody can ever tell me - they just say it is true!

David
Haha, it wasn't too long ago David. Only about 20 years.

As to your curiosity well, things that are ancient, aren't necessarily obsolete ;)

Contradictions indicate deception.

The contradiction is that Streiber thinks these entities are evil and dangerous, but chooses to keep messing around with them.

That makes no sense. Him selling this as "the middle way" is a bad thing. He does it here at 44:00 in the YouTube...

Why did no one follow up on Charlie's point about Strieber's continuing to connect with what he deems to be dangerous beings? The forum discussion veers away from this, soooo puzzling, Alex.

Why did no one follow up on Charlie's point about Strieber's continuing to connect with what he deems to be dangerous beings? The forum discussion veers away from this, soooo puzzling, Alex.

Great point. Perhaps a part of himself is keen on this type of contact?

In a Jungian sense, you could imagine that his shadow is probably attracted to something more powerful as it relates to it, from an ego validation position. An unconscious desire for power?

Charlie's point was succinct right enough though. Guy had a movie made about his experiences too!

Great point. Perhaps a part of himself is keen on this type of contact?

In a Jungian sense, you could imagine that his shadow is probably attracted to something more powerful as it relates to it, from an ego validation position. An unconscious desire for power?

Charlie's point was succinct right enough though. Guy had a movie made about his experiences too!

Another hypothesis: stockholm syndrome?

What was the movie, pls....

Reactions: Kim
Well indeed! Possibly all variants of a slave/master dynamic, or a parasitic dynamic. These are the interesting questions that I like!

It was Communion. Well, it was based on his experiences, but in my mind, it's the "Whitley Striber Movie" lol.

Well indeed! Possibly all variants of a slave/master dynamic, or a parasitic dynamic. These are the interesting questions that I like!

It was Communion. Well, it was based on his experiences, but in my mind, it's the "Whitley Striber Movie" lol.

Thx.

Another hypothesis: stockholm syndrome?

What was the movie, pls....
Can a nation have Stockholm Syndrome? While I taught in China, it was so common to come across people lauding Chairman Mao. I find it hard to understand venerating someone whose philosophical experimenting w/ his followers' lives led to 50 million deaths, many from starvation. A student I asked about this part of Mao's history got angry & said I should never bring that up. What really bothers me is this callous acceptance of 'collateral damage,' as if it can't be avoided. As you may know, it's business as usual in China w/ their denial of brutalizing another segment of the population, the Uyghurs, as a way of preventing terrorism.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-un-genocide-convention-finds-landmark-report

I think Whitley was doing everything he could to avoid contact for the longest time. I think it's kind of "why does the gorilla in the zoo continue to maintain contact with the zookeeper" kind of thing. what are your thoughts?

Reactions: Kim
I think Whitley was doing everything he could to avoid contact for the longest time. I think it's kind of "why does the gorilla in the zoo continue to maintain contact with the zookeeper" kind of thing. what are your thoughts?
Really, what could he do to avoid them? Does someone make electrified fences for grays now or alarm systems?

Enjoyed this episode and Strieber's refreshing take on Jesus. I don't find Atwill compelling at all and have been disappointed to hear Alex prop up what seem like flimsy arguments when he seems much more critical of other ideas. I thought this evinced an anti-christian bias, but I'm not sure now. I agree that co-opting happened, but this seems to always be the case any time the light manages to peak through via one movement or another. I think the "brotherhood of the dark" is playing an endless game of wack-a-mole trying to suppress the inevitable progress of spiritual evolution on this planet. I think there are many examples of this throughout history which even includes modern music like hip-hop, for instance. Co-option is expected, but as others have said, it doesn't falsify historicity; on the contrary, it might actually support it.

Enjoyed this episode and Strieber's refreshing take on Jesus. I don't find Atwill compelling at all and have been disappointed to hear Alex prop up what seem like flimsy arguments when he seems much more critical of other ideas. I thought this evinced an anti-christian bias, but I'm not sure now. I agree that co-opting happened, but this seems to always be the case any time the light manages to peak through via one movement or another. I think the "brotherhood of the dark" is playing an endless game of wack-a-mole trying to suppress the inevitable progress of spiritual evolution on this planet. I think there are many examples of this throughout history which even includes modern music like hip-hop, for instance. Co-option is expected, but as others have said, it doesn't falsify historicity; on the contrary, it might actually support it.
Atwill???

Religion (any form of it), once one awakens, is best discarded.

You throw the baby out with the bath water. At the heart of all religion--the esoteric level--is the so-called perennial philosophy (i.e. truth), transcending the exoteric differences.

No one needs a filter between themselves and truth.

I agree that no one needs a filter between themselves and the truth, but that's not what religion truly is. Does the idea of democracy become bad because of corrupt people, or is it independent of what people do? Religion is not bad because of bad people and can't be judged by their actions.

I agree that no one needs a filter between themselves and the truth, but that's not what religion truly is. Does the idea of democracy become bad because of corrupt people, or is it independent of what people do? Religion is not bad because of bad people and can't be judged by their actions.

First, why did you quote me with something inserted within the words I wrote? Perhaps the software... no issue here... but I had to think twice if I had written that middle piece.

Second... I likely could have used a different word besides "filter"... try this -

"No one needs anything that refracts between themselves and truth.

Why not just go straight to the perennial philosophy? Why defract? I agree its the baby BUT, I went through all sorts of hell (all the exoteric distraction) to get to that baby. Imagine if all that was communicated, person to person, generation to generation, was that which lies at the heart of the perennial philosophy? Why is this kept so hidden within all the external "teachings" of all these religions? So that only "the worthy" might "receive the gold?"

Have you never seen anyone respond to an email or similar message (like a forum post) that way? People insert their response after each section of the post to conveniently (for all parties) address each point. I didn't really know it was going to format the post that way until I did it, honestly. It didn't seem like something worth changing for the above reason.

I don't mind that word, and it brings to mind the point I was trying to make in my original post. People did attempt to go straight to the truth. That's how the spiritual movements that became the religions of the world started out. Enter human "refraction" due to ego, influence of dark forces, what have you, pulling things away from that original truth. The true religion is that perennial philosophy, I believe; therefore, I consider myself a syncretist. I want to know what the spiritual rabble rousers of the ages discovered. Intentional obfuscation aside, I think the truth needs to be sought and discovered by design. It's part of the process of growth--of enlightenment. Having free will, we must choose the light. Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and the door is opened. That is a prime example of a profound truth to be found in religion. It's not really hidden. It's meaning does require some effort to unravel though. Some people aren't ready for the deep stuff yet, and the exoteric is sufficient for them. It serves a purpose. That is allegedly what Jesus did. He gave an exoteric version to the masses that hinted at more profound truths, and for his disciples he went deeper. Revealing something that someone is not ready for can do more harm than good it's thought. Learning any subject is that way, right? We start with basics and gradually move up to more complex esoteric stuff. If we got the advanced stuff in the beginning, it wouldn't have any meaning to us as we couldn't make sense of it.

I grew up Catholic, went to Catholic school for nine years, was an altar boy, and all that. I butted heads with teachers and nuns when I asked about things that didn't make sense to me. Wasn't hell, but experiencing a mass many years later because I had to attend a funeral, I had many issues with it. I could never go back to that, but still consider myself basically Christian--mystical Christian, if you will. It's been heavily distorted. No doubt about that, but despite that, it has been a good in the world which is why I think it is hated and demonized by evil people to this day. Maybe the hell you experienced was the perfect path of growth for you. Ultimately, that is the purpose that evil serves in the world. It's the adversity that provides us with opportunities for growth.

Ed

Back