Whitley Strieber, MKUltra Flypaper |480|

How deep does the ego monster go? Deep enough where one might be convinced all the hard work required to break through all the defractions religions create makes one who survives to achieve "the grasping of the gold" a special being? All the while the rest destroy the lovely planet we're on?

Why not simply grow out of this need for specialness and instead, embrace who/what we are and then begin to behave as if we've realized it (finally and perhaps again)?

How deep does the ego monster go? Deep enough where one might be convinced all the hard work required to break through all the defractions religions create makes one who survives to achieve "the grasping of the gold" a special being? All the while the rest destroy the lovely planet we're on?

Why not simply grow out of this need for specialness and instead, embrace who/what we are and then begin to behave as if we've realized it (finally and perhaps again)?

I've had many periods in my life where I hoped death would be lights out and that's it. Especially if I had to come back here.
But the quality of this existence leads me to suspect otherwise. The universe seems to have a sense of humor. Just the fact that people seek enlightenment is a cosmic joke.. Isn't that joke the point of Zen? Stop seeking and eat my soup?? Screw Zen, I'm here to seek, to desire, to fear, to attach, and to get into trouble.

Alan Watts said if You existed once, You will exist again. I expand on that by saying that if You die and it's lights out, then 10,000,000,000,000,000,000 big-bang universe restarts would be the blink of an eye.
But I doubt that's it.
I think our transducers connect us to individual higher selves that exist outside of time and space. But if it turns out that's just an evolutionary coping mechanism and we go lights out, that's okay too.

@Robbedigital

You know...I don't need anyone to make posts that I find, when I read them, so, so much agreement.

But I sure like it and enjoy it when I do because... at this level of individuation, it feels great to me not to be alone.

That's how I felt after reading post #62, so thank you, Robbedigital.

Last edited:

I don't know where the idea of "specialness" is coming from. We are all here to grow--to make the best of this opportunity. The fact that we are a soul is special enough. If there are answers to be had by studying what the teachers and way-showers of the past have shown, then it behooves us to do so, no? In my opinion, the hard part is not circumventing all the defractions. It's applying what we learn with constancy and devotion.

I don't know where the idea of "specialness" is coming from. We are all here to grow--to make the best of this opportunity. The fact that we are a soul is special enough. If there are answers to be had by studying what the teachers and way-showers of the past have shown, then it behooves us to do so, no? In my opinion, the hard part is not circumventing all the defractions. It's applying what we learn with constancy and devotion.

I understand and... from the POV of the reality that, today, on Earth, we have approximately 4,300 religions... within some of those, within (perhaps) most, and possibly within ALL are droplets of golden wisdom which, if an individual does the work and "mines that gold" and then they apply "what [they] learn with constancy and devotion, then, indeed, the world is made a better place.

Just the fact that people seek enlightenment is a cosmic joke.. Isn't that joke the point of Zen? Stop seeking and eat my soup?? Screw Zen, I'm here to seek, to desire, to fear, to attach, and to get into trouble.

I always saw zen ( particularly western zen) as holding a place for those who are done with "desire, fear, attachment." kind of a you got to be something before you can be nothing vibe... wherever you go there you are.

Yeah, I liked ...
I'm here to seek, to desire, to fear, to attach, and to get into trouble.
... when I read it. I chuckled inside. I resonate with the spirit of embracing the pain, discomfort, and messiness of life in a body for the adventure that it is, but also see the value in the toolboxes of Zen and Buddhism too, so yeah, I don't think it's either/or. Growing means making mistakes, right?

Yeah, I liked ...
... when I read it. I chuckled inside. I resonate with the spirit of embracing the pain, discomfort, and messiness of life in a body for the adventure that it is, but also see the value in the toolboxes of Zen and Buddhism too, so yeah, I don't think it's either/or. Growing means making mistakes, right?
Go fuck yourself troll and also spare me the 'I am that I am' psyop entwined in your skeptiko name. Which you have no idea of the meaning of. Fucking idiot shite employed twat.

Last edited:
Back